Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ Faulty....LNB or Softwear?

• 10-11-2004 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

My Sky+ box which I have just over a year is not working properly. I have lost the second signal going into the box. What I want to know is this a fault with the LNB on the dish or is the box itself faulty. I have tried resetting the box but this makes no difference.

How do these things happen a couple of weeks out of warranty????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

redabbey wrote:
    My Sky+ box which I have just over a year is not working properly. I have lost the second signal going into the box. What I want to know is this a fault with the LNB on the dish or is the box itself faulty. I have tried resetting the box but this makes no difference.

How do these things happen a couple of weeks out of warranty????

Could be any of the above, really needs to be tested to find out unless you can see something obvious

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

Thanks Tony. Will talk to my dealer to see if he has any ideas and will also ring Sky. I have also checked cables and everything seems to be fine. If it is the hard disk I will replace myself and upgrade to a larger drive as described in this months 'What Satellite' magazine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I had a very simular problem. Thought it was the cable, After replacing all of that it turned out to be the LNB? See if you can borrow or just swap it to see if it cures the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

could you not try plugging the cable into a different socket on the lnb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭daymobrew

If you swap the cables coming into the Sky+ box and check the signals and it shows that input 1 is 0 (input 2 should be normal), should that imply that it is NOT the box?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i had a problem with mine and input 2 would only show something if input one locked onto the transponder, is that normal? all is fine now though

daymobrew wrote:
    If you swap the cables coming into the Sky+ box and check the signals and it shows that input 1 is 0 (input 2 should be normal), should that imply that it is NOT the box?

Spent 1/2 hour on the phone to Sky. The operator was very helful. She checked my software was up to date and had me reset the LNB in the uinstallers menu. After checking the cables and then swopping them round the problem could still not be resolved. When the cables were swopped no signals for either input worked.

The signal is still perfect on my other box. The dealer who supplied the box will check my LNB tomorrow. Sky maintain there is nothing wrong with the digibox (Pace)

It seems that one of the cables going into my Sky+ box must have had a very tiny hole in it as there was water in the cable.

New cable used and everything is back to normal again :D

Advertisement