Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1AND1 Hosting

Options
  • 10-11-2004 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

anyone here ever use WWW.1AND1.CO.UK for hosting?
    what is thier support like?

Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

anyone here ever use WWW.1AND1.CO.UK for hosting?
    what is thier support like?

No direct experience, but it used to be comparible to that of UK2 .. but they've automated a lot of it since then, so I don't know what it's like now.

Have boxes with 1and1.com (us/ca only) .. and I've never needed support (they have online remote reboots, and recovery which is really handy).. but I haven't noticed any network/routing issues with them.

.cg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

cgarvey wrote:
    Have boxes with 1and1.com (us/ca only) .. and I've never needed support (they have online remote reboots, and recovery which is really handy).. but I haven't noticed any network/routing issues with them.
    Ditto, never had a problem with their network. However their support is typically slow or unresponsive, so I wouldn't recommend them unless you were very clued-in.

("Typically" probably isn't entirely fair: I had to contact them twice, both about the control panel running on the server. On the first occasion I didn't hear from them for a few days, although they did fix the issue and apologise when they finally turned up. The second issue was much of the same, although they didn't fix it and didn't apologise. I had fixed it myself in the meantime though. So it was consistenly bad for me, but might have been good for other people. I have my doubts though.)

adam

Advertisement