Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halo2 launch party

Options
  • 10-11-2004 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

is there anyone going to the official one? how about the many small launch parties that are going to be held in gamestops around the country? the main event will be held in the met bar, dublin. most likely a press event with booze and fake celebrities.

adnans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

adnans wrote:
    most likely a press event with booze and fake celebrities.

adnans

I take it pam will be there so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea im going i think. havnt decided but if there is free booze ill be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

im going to some halo 2 party tonight which is associated with gamestop. but haven't gotten any further details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭memorex

I'm heading along to the party at the met (which is the official M$ one). No idea what to expect, maybe they'll be raffling off a couple of copies of the game, giving out some t-shirts, posters that kinda thing.

yea that's the gamestop one. the official one is on in a place in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

ill be at one of the gamestop ones then playin right through the night hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Where can I find details of the official Microsoft one? This is the first I've heard of it. Can anyone turn up?

Ciarán.

you wont find details. and noone can turn up. it's VIP only. you need a ticket! saying that i havnt been fully informed about it and havnt been given the full permission that i am going but my manager said there should be plenty of spaces seein as most game shops are openin late and the workers wont be able to go. but i will!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

the official Halo2 party is by invitation only

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Hmm... the person who was going with me now cant, so I still dont know if I'm go to this... I'll be two hours late if I do (can't leave untill after work). But I need to do a bit of shopping in the big smoke... anyway it looks as if half the board are going.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

evad_lhorg wrote:
    you wont find details. and noone can turn up. it's VIP only. you need a ticket! saying that i havnt been fully informed about it and havnt been given the full permission that i am going but my manager said there should be plenty of spaces seein as most game shops are openin late and the workers wont be able to go. but i will!!! :D

I hate you. I'm gonna have to bust my ass off tonight to bring the good people of Dublin Halo 2, and you get to go and get locked in honour of it... for free?!!

There is no justice :D

flogen

I really wanted to go, but being a poor collage student I cant afford to. Oh well, maybe next time.

that is perfect justice buddy!!! hahaa enjoy the 2 or 3 customers you get!

at least i hope it's free anyway. nothing has been confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

i was invited to officiall ms one tonite but sadly cant go even had a ticket
    Brock

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be out boozing tonight in town so I might stumble over and try and blag my way in. If its a good night I won't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Anyone buying or sellin tickets!!!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

anyone know if theres an unofficial one in waterford just curious

shin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hold on a minute. Its only Halo 2. I couldn't be bothered.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I really wanted to go, but being a poor collage student I cant afford to. Oh well, maybe next time.
    No, I'm not letting you go to anything ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Gonna hit the Microsoft party, then off to the GAME and GameStop midnight launches...it's Halo 2 night, excellent!! No work tomorrow..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Where can one get the game tonight if they have no pre-booked it? Didnt get the chance to book it in town and really regret it as I was dying to play the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Where can one get the game tonight if they have no pre-booked it? Didnt get the chance to book it in town and really regret it as I was dying to play the game!

I'm guessing you can't... you'll just have to wait like the rest of us meer mortals jesus... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

if you get in early enough you'll get a copy of it for sure. just don't leave it too late...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

MSoft party?how do we meer mortals get to that?:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

With any luck we will only have 2 customers, close early and then head off and get pished before the party ends!

flogen

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I have an invite to the MS party, will let you all know what its like later.
    Might head off and try GAME at about midnight. See if Absolam is about and blag my way in :):)

DeV.

MSoft party?how do we meer mortals get to that?

Grow a nerdy beard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

That was the lamest launch party I've ever been to. No free swag (unless you count Halo 2-branded lollipops "swag"), and very little emphasis on the game itself. The majority of the game pods were hidden away, downstairs.

Still though, free bar. Never let it be said that Microsoft don't know how to treat their guests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

my head still hurtz
    that was some party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ObeyGiant wrote:
    That was the lamest launch party I've ever been to. No free swag (unless you count Halo 2-branded lollipops "swag"), and very little emphasis on the game itself. The majority of the game pods were hidden away, downstairs.

Still though, free bar. Never let it be said that Microsoft don't know how to treat their guests.

added emphisis ;)

Advertisement