Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Stoppard's Arcadia

Options
  • 08-02-2001 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Featuring a talented cast of actors (and a tortoise), Tom Stoppard's critically acclaimed play, "Arcadia", set in both Georgian and modern times, presents a compelling tale, dealing with a number of issues - ranging from adultery to chivalry, sex to gardening, guns, dead rabbits, mathematics, philosophy, more sex, dancing the waltz and the genius of a tragic child prodigy... (phew!). It will be presented for four nights only, from the 19th to the 22nd of February, in the auditorium of St. Patrick's College in Drumcondra, Dublin.

Yours truly is the set designer for the presentation and hey... I'm also playing one of the minor characters (...and no, it's not the tortoise...!). It's a good story, - a very well written and intelligent play, by a highly accomplished author and playwright. (If you haven't heard of this play, you may have heard of others by the same author, such as "Rosenkratz and Guildenstern are Dead").

Tickets, priced at a paltry £5 (there will be a student rate also) will be available soon. (I'm printing them right now). Anyone interested in further details can email me directly or post a reply here.

Cheers y'all...

Bard

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted. -Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 07-02-2001).]

Advertisement