Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's supporting the Killers tomorry nite?

Options
  • 10-11-2004 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

as above, ta!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Ambulance Ltd (from New York)

www.ambulancenyc.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Soooooo looking forward to gig. The line up is:

8.00 - 8.30 Ambulance Ltd.
    9.00 - 10.30 The Killers

Woooooooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

everyone hear i assume? in hmv 5.30, wristbands were out this mornin but there was (ridiculously) loads there when i was in, and i left at round 9...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

isn't there an irish band called ambulance?
    god i'd love to go to this..

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭ColinJennings

So what did people think.

I loved what they did, but they should have played a for a bit longer!
    I loved the I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier bi when the entire crowd were screaming. Oh it was so cool!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

isn't there an irish band called ambulance?
    god i'd love to go to this..

yes there is an Irish band called Ambulance....(very different music though). I'd guess thats why the support last night are called Ambulance LTD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

So what did people think.

I loved what they did, but they should have played a for a bit longer!
    I loved the I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier bi when the entire crowd were screaming. Oh it was so cool!

Yeah 50mins was a bit short, even if they do only have one album....but they didnt even play every song from the album as far as I remember...and they coulda done a cover or something...

They also seemed to be going through the motions a bit......

Can't believe how big they've become. Its a long time since i've seen a crowd so worked up before they came on stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

hehe did anyone go to that 'instore' in hmv? funniest thing i think i've ever seen. everyone expecting, as you do, them to bang out at least a coupla tunes and then sign a coupla albums, yknow yourself, basic shhit..
    but no, we get downstairs and everything's laid out as usual and there's a table with 4 chairs behind it. when they said signing they meant signing. the looks on people's faces (including mine. i got up at 6 to get wristbands!!) were unreal. and we didn'ty have albums or ought to get signed, we weren't bothered bringin stuff into town... so we had to rob signs from hmv. and they wouldn't give us posters cos they'd mispelled the album title and they wouldn't sign them.
    AND i didn't get tickets in the end cos touts are arseholes.

*end rant*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jonbon

yeah the gig was a bit of a letdown. I was at Delays (note "the" is missing ;)) on Saturday and although they have one album out, they tried out loads of new stuff which got the crowd going, and performed for well over an hour. I wouldn't mind with the likes of the Hives as their songs are only 2-3 mins long. The band sounded a bit amateurish at times as well..... just as well their material is excellent, otherwise it would have been a really crap gig.

Also Brandon looked KNACKERED as well, and yes, they were going through the motions, apart from the drummer. Looks like there won't be a follow up to Hot Fuss for a bit then! All in all quite disappointing, and they've got a UK tour to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i didnt go to the gig myself... kinda wanted to though. i'm surprised that the band weren't that great live... i would have expected them to really thrive durring a live gig.
    pity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I've got to agree with Colin on this one. Great gig, but too short.
    Really great atmosphere though, and 'Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You' really got the crowd going.
    But the guitar was a little out of tune at parts....that annoyed me.
    Am curious to see what they come up with next.
    xm

Advertisement