Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

club 92

• 10-11-2004 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

is it any good? whats the scran like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

whats scran?
    whats club92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

scran - women folk

club 92 - night club in lepordstown, dublin
    bmarley wrote:
    whats scran?
    whats club92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Scran?
    I must be getting old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

scran is normally food

anywho 92 is a good spot, good birds,

very d4 UCD kinda place tho so if thats not your scene stay out you wont like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Scran is food.... AHAHAH Women. I've never been there, just thought I'd laugh at you :P

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Ahh club knackery-doo, how I remember you, or more correctly, how I don't....

Beer, Beer is the cheese.

you mean i've been calling women food all these years, cool.

d4, ucd type place, cool, short skirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Club Slappery doo Its allright, its basicly a big hall with a small dance floor. Very comparable to a cattle mart. The girls all walk around in droves looking for "luv" or just a free drink. Not of the highest quality really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

used to be like that, imo not since a few years ago,

last time i went (im out of ucd a year now so was before that) it was all the ucd crowd and not too much free love, you needed to work for it if you were looking for it!

Not that i was, been going out with a young lady for years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

paperclip wrote:

Yes you have you fool. Trying to be cool calling women scran, only to discover it means food!! Ah ha ha.... hard luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I didn't know that place was still open :eek:

I've never set foot in the place tbh... always had the reputation of a cattle market. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Scran is food, unless you're a culchie, then you can make up words for anything.....

Club Knackery Do is crap, always was and always will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

paperclip wrote:

Why yes... yes you have.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Scran&f=1&sourceid=Mozilla-search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Ended up there a couple of months ago on a work night out (it's the nearest nightclub to the local pub). It's what you make of it really. Plenty of pretty young single women walking around that night at least. Music is very chart orientated. Tis a bit of a cattle mart alright, the pints are expensive and the smoking section's appalling (i.e. no heaters or awnings) so it's pretty much like almost any other club in Ireland really ;)

easy there hos
    Dr. Loon wrote:
    Yes you have you fool. Trying to be cool calling women scran, only to discover it means food!! Ah ha ha.... hard luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

tee hee hee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

What everyone else has said is true. One other thing I would add - it smells worse than any club I have ever been to. Since March last, the slightly-unpleasant smell of stale smoke has been taken over by an almost-unbearable smell of vomit. It hits you the minute you walk in the door. I don't know what they do to clean the carpets, but it ain't working.
    If that doesn't put you off I have one bit of advice for you:
    Entry is usually €12 (I think). If you go for a few pints in the pub next door - Fillies - beforehand, you should get a free admission flyer between 9:30-10:30. I can't remember though if this is only Friday, or Saturday as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Been there quiet a bit lately as I live near. Most recently I was at the Halloween costume party and I have never ever seen a better assortment of ladies in the my life. Myself and a few friends were constantly bringing each others attention to random women as they walked past wearing literraly nothing..

Miss Ireland was there and she didn't hold a tourch to any of them at all, she was merely average that night!!

Otherwise, the club is ok. Its a bit musty and the carpet sucks big time but its certainly worth the effort. The music is so so and the drink is normal enough price wise..

Saturday night is special if you are wanting a pick of excepetional women!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus I remember that place when it was called Blinkers !!!! Club Nackery Doo, Club Ninety Screw hehehe its a sh!thole but at that hour of the evening you normally don't notice. Haven't been up there in a couple of years but as with all these places it depends who you are with or end up with :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Their 15th birthday party is on next thursday. I'm trying to wangle tickets as we speak.
    Apparently it's free drink for the night, and there may be some celebrities and stuff!!! I can't wait !!11`

Yes, yes, I'm only going to get p!ssed and try to score some dolly who's daddy is in 2 tribunals, dontcha know, roysh, like I mean totally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

gandalf wrote:
    hehehe its a sh!thole but at that hour of the evening you normally don't notice

Hehe this is it - a sound excuse to party on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Absolute turd-hole of a place without any shadow of a doubt. Crap music, even worse "DJ"(using the term very loosely) full of twats in blazers and flairs (nothing against those items btw...) getting high on vodka and sugar - Was there twice by accident rather than design and I sincerely hope I never have the misfortune of having to step inside that pose-fest of a place again.

/mini-rant over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Terrible place, isn't it Dusty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

gandalf wrote:
    Jaysus I remember that place when it was called Blinkers !!!! Club Nackery Doo, Club Ninety Screw
    The last itme I was there it still had a cool name.... that was in 1991.

Advertisement