Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great Players in Football Manager 2005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Albert Luque absolutly brilliant he has a huge demand for wages though, but Giggs is probably one of the best players in the game. He was out for 2 months at the start of the season and still managed to win World Player of the Year and European Player of the year in that same season. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Dédé best left back in the game by far.
    Joaquin is a legend, get him quick before Real snap him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Iago wrote:
    John Welsh again sticks out

Matthew Upson

Vincent Kompany if you're willing to spend 8-10M

you'll get him for 7m (no need to overspend!!!)

also nigel de jong (about the same price)
    anthony van den borre (about a mil cant remember)
    alejandro sanchez fernandes (stick him in reserves for a few seasons)
    freddy adu (15, free)
    wouter vandermieren (15, free)
    labinot harbuzi (18, 30,000)
    freddy guarin (18, 1.4mil, genius)
    julio baptista (will cost about 15mil but worth it)
    cerci (cant remember first name think its alecio, he's 17, FLC, plays with an italian club roma i think)
    mancini (brazilian, lethal right winger)
    dede (unbelieveable at left back or left midfield, just have him doing forward runs, runs with ball and crossing often)

thats all i can think about at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

schweinsteiger
    guerin
    bojinov
    diego
    chivu
    cussano
    macherano
    kaka
    siembal
    daniel
    maxwell
    del horno
    kallstrom
    immonen
    panzzini
    montolivio
    spirelli

all fantastic players-most cheap and young. u might have to wait couple seasons for couple of them (im 6 seasons in so some only developing now)-im sure i spelt some of them wrong.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

You can often get Kompany for a lot less than that, I've gotten him for various fees between 2.5 - 4.3 mil.

Most of the good players have been mentioned already :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Adu-USA
    Bierofka-GERMANY
    Guarin-COLUMBIA
    Kompany-NETHERLAND
    Tevez-ARGENTINA
    Robinho-BRAZIL
    Recoba-legend-URAGUAY
    Matteo Moffa(for some reason only good in some games)-ITALY
    Piazza-ITALY
    Montolivo-ITALY
    Harbuzi-dunno
    Mattiuzzo-ITALY
    Gilardino-unbelievable-ITALY
    Tuncay-BRAZIL
    All AC Milan U-20's
    Panza-ITALY
    Van Den Borre
    Kallstrom
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Edgar Barreto & Kikín Fonseca - I managed to get these two on free transfers during my last game but they have been a major factor to winning the Champions League 5 times in a row with Celtic:)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Geg124

alberto gilardino is a class forward if you are willing to pay the money for him. need a top class winger daniel bierofka is your man u can get him for about 450k (that's wat i got him for). his value go's up straight away to bout 5m.

anyone know a top class right back?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Bonera, a ready-made quality right back (centre-back too) at Parma. He should cost 6-8mil and has no problems with moving to ANY of the bigger clubs in Europe.

• Advertisement

If you cant get Bonera get Coloccini. Legend of a player.

anybody know a class keeper to buy?????? need one badly. concede at least 2 goals a match

You should be able to get Franco from Ath. Madrid on the cheap.

And there is ayoung up n'coming keeper in Holland....Ajax i think....cant remember his name, maybe someone else remembers...

id second that reccomendation of getting Leo Franco, class keeper.

spofaking is d young up'n'comin keeper from holland(ajax) henrik moisander???

No, its a goalie named Stekelenburg (i think) for Ajax. He turns out amazing after a while.

• Advertisement

ye seen him looks alright got my scouts to scout him and they think he is a player with no future in football. but i'll get him and find out(if i can get him)

henrik moisander dosent look like a bad keeper u & everyone else should check him out my scouts think he is a player with protential. he is 19 n my game but i'm n my 1st year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Diggins

Esposito from italy is class, bought him in first season with liverpool and he won player of the year in england and was runner up goalscorer (not bad for a winger) he get man of the match in every game basically and has good fitness. Fernandinho from brazil is class too he is 18-19 and an attacking mid/right. Have him with barce, he and ronaldinho dominate the whole pitch with that colombian guarin playing defensive mid. buy those 3 and u will have a class team imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Definately buy Robben, Got rated 10 in 12 games straight,
    Schweinsteiger, 9 average for the 1st season in game,
    De Rossi (Roma) for a DMC Scores Goals Plays with a high average,
    Finally Aimar, ended up playing as a striker for 5 games cause of a load of injuries to my strikers He scored 11 goals in those 5 games and went on to score 27 for the season :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Ianaldo

Check out the columbians, canbt remember the names at the minute, but try the national and under 21's, they have some class players for around £100,000, and after about 3 seasons, start shopping in the asian section for players, some great bargains!!

In my second seasson with Villa and I'm loving it!! I came 3rd in the 1st season and now I'm in 1st after 16 games on a 100% record.

This is my team:

GK-Franco

DR-Delaney
    DL-Dede(Brilliant!! Available on a Bosman in First season.)
    DC-Mellberg
    DC-Laursen

MR-Bierofka
    ML-Downing(Injury prone, but excellent)
    MC-Guarin
    MC-Hitzlsperger

FC-Robinho
    FC-Cavenaghi

Have Diesler on the way as he is unsettled at Barcalona(moved in 1st season in game)for only 9.5m.

For Dede if you declare interest in him before Christmas in 1st season he will want a new challenge and will say to the media that he will leave on a Bosman at the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Deisler is great. Get Jankulovski too, very versatile, and an absoulte animal. Single handedly won Villa the CL for me ;)

Javier Mascherano, amazing DM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bomber

Stan Petrov as eirebhoy pointed out, by far a cracking buy, you can get him for about £5.75m.
    He scored 30 goals from Midfield for me this season.

Edgar Baretto is also a class buy.

Baretto
    Agathe
    Thompson
    Petrov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭stones

Labinot Harbuzi as some posters mentioned before, hes an excellent buy, can be picked up for around 300K from Feyenoord or PSV(cant remember which) and after one season is worth £6m. Hes best just behind the front two, will get bags of goals and assists..

Also for the championship, Dean Ashton from Crewe and Leon Knight from Brighton are unstoppable together.

Anyone got any advice for a backup goalkeeper? Sorenson has signalled his desire to leave as he isn't playing enough games. He is joining Blackburn in the summer £6m. I wouldn't highly rate Postma that much either.

Well theyre not really backups but Sebastian Frey or Arenas are great. Arenas is the Columbian Under 21's keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

If you can get tim weise (sp) german goalkeeper around 22 at the start of the game you wont be able to buy him till at lest 2005 but you should get him cheap enough and he tends to turn into the best goalkeeper in the world by the time hes 28 .....i payed 50 million for him at that stage really needed a good goalkeeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭00dyel

Good players to buy:

Keppers: Wiese, Ochoa, Akinfeev, Saja, Franca
    Defenders: Dede, Solari (play him at LB) Nesta,Toure, Senderos, Zanetti, Bonera and Collocini
    Midfielders: Rosicky, X Alonso, C.Ronaldo (play him AMR), Robben, Joaquin, S. Downing (play him AML)
    Strikers:Robinho (get him start of game for 7m), Reyes, Owen, Adriano and Gilardino

Youngsters: Guarin, G Boateng, Adu, Vanden Borre, G Junior Weah, Joe Carter-Harris, Lebohang Mokoena, Alessio Cerci.

With these players plus the players at any top flight club u shud be able to win at least the double in any country. I did it with these players with Deportivo, Valencia, A Madrid, Arsenal, Charlton, Inter, Lazio and others. Thats what i try and do is win the league with as many different clubs as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

andyman wrote:
    Anyone got any advice for a backup goalkeeper? Sorenson has signalled his desire to leave as he isn't playing enough games. He is joining Blackburn in the summer £6m. I wouldn't highly rate Postma that much either.
    (Pablo?) Cavallero is a decent backup keeper, he's a bit old but keeps his stats til he's 34. He's usually available to snap up as his contract expires, as long as you give him squad rotation he'll be happy playing 5-10 games a season. If you have to buy him he shouldn't cost more than 2 million.

As loads of people have said already, good players I've found are Barretto, Lebohang mokoena, guarin, malik fathi, anatoly guerk, salamon kalou,

Anyone have any success with kallstrom? I bought him for Juve and playing him in middle of pitch. His technical and mental stats are amazing, but his physical stats are pretty woeful. So far he's averaging about 7.4 which is way below the rest of my central midfielders.

Best buy of the game so far is Tomas Hubschman from Sparts, got him for about 5 million and he's one of the better DC's in the game. And he's fairly young too.

You should offload Kallstrom and buy Deisler. If you have Guarin along with him in the centre then you will have the best MC partnership in the world.

• Advertisement

I was trying to buy Schweinsteiger instead of kallstrom but Barcelona wouldn't accept £50 million for him :(
    I've changed my tactics from 4-4-2, its 4-1-2-2-1 now, will post it up if I get a chance.

Villa file went corrupt NOOOOOOOOOO! :(

Won the Treble and everything. WHY DID THE THING GO!?!

Had to start again so I decided to pick Everton, missed out on Kompany to Deportivo. Any amazing DCs I could sign for less than 10m.

If you get lucky you might get bonera or mexes.

Could I get Mexes for under 10m??

i'm hull city in the PL.

i need a left back and i was wondering can any1 recommend 1 for 2m or less

andyman wrote:
    Villa file went corrupt NOOOOOOOOOO! :(

Won the Treble and everything. WHY DID THE THING GO!?!

Had to start again so I decided to pick Everton, missed out on Kompany to Deportivo. Any amazing DCs I could sign for less than 10m.
    Tomas Hubschman, probably about 5 million, was first choice for my Juve team for a while. Andres Gonzalez DC with left foot, WP might be a problem. Tieme Klompe from holland, Alexander Madlung develops into a good DC.

Its Ok. I bought Woodgate in January for 7m after bein Transfer Listed by Real. Great player. Also Kilbane and Osman are brilliant players aswell.

He's not as good as Hubschman! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Nigel De Jong for about 7m euro, can play anywhere across the defence, excellent player

• Advertisement

Bought Tevez for 7m in 1st season and at the end of the season his value shot up to 37m!!!

Schweinstieger is a fantastic buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chop^chop

Heitinga a centre back from Ajax is a great buy for about €6-8m
    also sneijder attacking midfielder from ajax about €7-10m scores lots of goals from midfield

Don't think he's been mentioned here (unless mis-spelt) - Leonardo Pisculichi. Argentinian AM/FLC playing for Argentinos. Should be dirt cheap and 20/21. He's one of those players who always looks like being a great addition but I'd never been able to accomodate him and he always got unhappy and requested a transfer. The same was happening in my current game, but eventually he got a games and BAM! once he got some form, he's become unstoppable.

I've got a team of insanely good players (particularily in forward positions) but he's completely nailed down left wing, when I've got 2 world class wingers already competing for places. Average rating of 8.3 after 18 games this season, no goals but 20 assists. I only just noticed his number of assists because 20 is a club record (and its still November in game). He's like a Beckham who is quick and can dribble, his long range passing and crossing has poleaxed every team I've come across, premiership & CL alike.

More on the topic of player nationalities than specific players - anyone else find that after a while their squads end up being almost entirely south american? I was playing a game recently and I noticed that for one match, by pure chance, my team selection was the following:

Cavenaghi
    Tevez
    Pischulichi Riquelme Mascherano Santana
    Lequi Milito Heinze Coloccini
    Franco

I wasn't managing Argentina either. I also had an ageing Veron in the reserves. On top of that I had the likes of Naldo, Ronaldo, Renato Oliveira, Guarin, Gonzalez and Pozzi in the squad, adding to the South American mix.

I'm managing Chelsea and Brazil in my current game, half of my reserves and U-18s are made up of Brazilian youngsters. The Brazilian first team is amazing except for goalkeepers, both Dida and Marcos have retired from internationals.

There seems to be a bit of a lack of good German players though. The Italians are no great shakes either now that Vieiri/Totti/Cannavaro/etc are over the hill (2009).

lafortezza wrote:
    The Italians are no great shakes either now that Vieiri/Totti/Cannavaro/etc are over the hill (2009).

Well, surely the Italians have the likes of Bonera/Pirlo/Cassano/Gilardino to make up for that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Ben Arfa!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

LanceStorm wrote:
    Ben Arfa!!

Any game I play he ends up being the new Zidane. Never had the pleasure of owning him because by the time I have some cash he'd wouldn't be interested in moving to my club. You have to get him in the first season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 craig.d

a great youngster is lucas biglia from argentinos. he costs pennies. also fernando henrique is some goalie. another gd goalie is jan lastuvka. tomas hubschman is class aswell he plays for shaktar donetsk.lukas podolski is brill an so is pazzini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 craig.d

sweinstiager is pure class >>> 14 milln
    mascherano is the best dmc in the game >> 6 mlln

By the way is anyone further than 2012 in there game ??

I think Freddy Duarin is a better DMC, better at long shots/passing/attacking, probably not as good at tackling/work rate/aggression.

• Advertisement
Advertisement