Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell W2600 26" LCD TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I think NO. The response times are like 25ms for action/sport it looks like ghosting city! Don't touch LCD TVs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

I've come across SO many conflicting reviews of LCD TV's in general im not sure what to believe. Not this model specifically, but for one i was reading "no ghosting problems even in action sequences" and the same model "worst ghosting ive seen"

It's hard to know what to believe or go by, and there's f**k all reviews of that TV i can find.

Gary

It may be that there are different panels placed in each TV :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The 18inch DELL TFT I have at the moment has a refresh rate of 25ms.. I do not notice much ghosting at all. The only problems is how black is represented but that is normal in the majority of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

The sigle biggest problem with LCD is persistance, they're like radar screens although things do seem to be improving. I have an LCD projector that works a treat and doesn't seem effected by this problem, anyone know if there is a difference in the technology here. I watch football a lot on it and it looks great !

ZEN

• Advertisement

A projector is an alternative alright... Hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Some of the newer LCD TV's are down about 18 ms response rate, ghosting doesnt seem to be much of a problem. If I was thinking of getting a new TV and if I had a few bob to spend then something like a Toshiba 32" would be pretty nice. (Or maybe a Phillips 32PF9986??). Certainly compared to plasma LCD's dont suffer from burn-in and prices are coming down all the time. LCD is definitely one for the future.

;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

The response time on my screen 37" LCD (37PF9986) is <12ms.....
    Although it was very expensive €3999.

Thanks for the input lads, still not sure :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Harvey Norman is your friend! Pop out there, have a look at their display of LCD TVs, all neatly lined up in a row for your comparison. You'll notice very quickly which TVs have problems with ghosting and black levels. Take the model numbers of these TVs, and have a look at the specs on the web (don't rely on the sales guys to know the refresh rate for every TV on display!), and you'll notice a simple common trend. The best LCD TVs have response rates of under 15ms (like WezzyB's) and have high contrast ratios (600:1 and upwards)

Based on the specs of that Dell, I wouldn't buy it, but that's just my opinion. LCD TV's tend to vary quite alot in terms of quality of the picture from model to model, and price has very little to do with how good or bad it is. Just do your own research, make sure you see the TV in action before buying it, and as was pointed out earlier, don't believe anything you read in any magazine reviews.

Robbie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Far far better option imho
    http://www.jes-computer.de/product_info.php?pID=18662
    26" but it has 16ms response which is fantastic
    Seriously thinking of spoiling the crap outta myself and getting me a new pc monitor.

IrishMike wrote:
    Far far better option imho
    http://www.jes-computer.de/product_info.php?pID=18662
    26" but it has 16ms response which is fantastic
    Seriously thinking of spoiling the crap outta myself and getting me a new pc monitor.

Why, other than the refresh rate and price, is it better?

My problems with it are:

- No where near the same level of connectivity
    - No HDTV Support
    - Never heard of the brand... Ever

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

Would recommend the Sharp LC26GA in 3E or 4E version, costs about €2,000 in Ireland but can get it delivered from UK for about €1,500. I have ordered the 32" version myself. Also if you order by december 24th Sharp are giving a free 3 year warranty with various LCD screens in the 26" - 37" range.

I'm buying my 32" for €1,890 from compared with €2,599 from Harvey Norman or DID.
    www.tvandvideodirect.com

- Never heard of the brand... Ever
    They do computer monitors - they are German I believe and are rather good from what I gather.

They do computer monitors - they are German I believe and are rather good from what I gather.

Again I dont want to appear like I dont appreciate the input but I have been finding it hard to find concrete info that is not germn..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jyd

Do you know if these tv tuners have VHF as well as UHF. In UK they only use PAL I UHF we use uhf and vhf( PAL I). Dunno about the ethyl mermans though, would the tvs sold from a german website work for all channels in ROI.
    Jd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If it doesn't say specifically that it supports ROI then be careful. German TV system uses a different Sound IF to us the result would be picture and no sound - sounds like the perfect marraige ;)

ZEN

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

antomack wrote:
    Would recommend the Sharp LC26GA in 3E or 4E version, costs about €2,000 in Ireland but can get it delivered from UK for about €1,500. I have ordered the 32" version myself. Also if you order by december 24th Sharp are giving a free 3 year warranty with various LCD screens in the 26" - 37" range.

I'm buying my 32" for €1,890 from compared with €2,599 from Harvey Norman or DID.
    www.tvandvideodirect.com

Which one are you buying for €1.890. I have checked their site and the only sharp 32inch LCD I see is for £2,599.99

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

It's the 32GA4E that I've got for that price. The only thing is that apparently there is a shortage of the 3E's and 4E's at the moment in the UK so tvandvideodirect have taken it off their list. Apparently the 4E's are selling so well that Sharp UK have exhausted the stock that was supposed to do till next March and are having to wait for further production before more stock can be had.

Advertisement