Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

OK - I will do something a bit more GRAND to try and get this thing settled. Mind you once I organised it I'm not going to entertain stuff like

"I can't make it that day - can we change"
    "I don't like crowds - can we go back to the way it was"
    "I am a moron and couldn't be arsed to get out of bed to fulfil my committments"
    "Hyzepher is a turd and couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery"

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

an alternative would be to have a tournament with everyone starting
    who's in the leaderboard. but the top of the leader board gets the most amount
    of chips down to the smallest stack with the least points. whaddyiz think?

I think this is a good idea but more for the grand final than anything else. It would ensure that everyone would play in the last months heats as even those who have pretty much qualified will be trying to get extra chips.

What about an extra 200 starting chips for your position on the leaderboard? So say in the grand final everyone gets 5,000 chips, then 8th gets an extra 200, 7th gets an extra 400 etc..

I wont be changing the format of the final - not fair at this stage.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Hyzepher wrote:
    I wont be changing the format of the final - not fair at this stage.

Hyzepher

I agree but would there be a problem holding it in December rather than January? And what is the likely prize structure? I don't want to know how much is in the pot or anything but are all 9 players going to get paid or will it be 1/2/3?

Due to the 'less than expected' prize pool, it will be 1,2,3 paid.

I was hoping to have around €1500+ in the fund so 1st would get ~€1000 but I think it will be less than that. Still should be €800 or so to 1st

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hyzepher wrote:
    OK - I will do something a bit more GRAND to try and get this thing settled. Mind you once I organised it I'm not going to entertain stuff like

"I can't make it that day - can we change"
    "I don't like crowds - can we go back to the way it was"
    "I am a moron and couldn't be arsed to get out of bed to fulfil my committments"
    "Hyzepher is a turd and couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery"

Hyzepher

I agree totally, however, I think it would be a good idea to set a date for the grand final a couple of weeks in advance, so people have an opportunity to ensure that they can attend the grand final. Particularly given that making the final has taken several months of effort for most people in the list..

Advertisement