Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Been There, Done That, Got the GUN

Options
  • 10-11-2004 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Anyone care to share their importation stories, attempts etc.

Did you go the Section 7/9 route? (gotta find the right term)

Any issues come up with the PSNI ?

Any Gardai issues ?

Anyone do it outside the EU ?

Make and cal ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭oldzed

Irish licence, europass, Article 7 . Met dealer at border, picked up gun , Cz 85 9mm. The real hard work is done now due to the fact a good group of us 1911 , myself and more kept at it with the help of the nrpai and have opened the door for the rest. There was plenty hassle , huge phone bills and plenty highs and lows but it was worth it . Gun is sitting at home in parts in several different safes today and thats all that matters. Shot my first pistol comp in the south last Sun , And got beaten well by 1911. My advice is just go for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

oldzed wrote:
    Shot my first pistol comp in the south last Sun , And got beaten well by 1911. My advice is just go for it :)

That sounds great Oldzed!. Where was the competition BTW?, If we are applying for pistol licences, it would be useful to know where we can shoot them.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

Thanks oldzed my original intention in posting was to get info out there on how to go about getting them in and perhaps passing on some useful info to others, your mention of meeting the dealer at the border was a great idea and something I hadn't thought of but can now factor it into my plans. Great idea thanks.

Somebody posted that they had a problem with 9mm ammo. DoJ said ok for the firearm but imp. cert required for the ammo, any one else with these problems or are they bringing it in caus the euro pass says you can?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Lads, as it stands you can buy ammo with your temp pass from any RFD in NI ,when the temp lapses then what!!!, does any dealer in the South stock pistol ammo, and I dont mean " I had a load of 9mm but it is all sold"!!!! as I heard recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 1911

les45 wrote:
    does any dealer in the South stock pistol ammo, .
    e

I know of one dealer in the South that has a importation with DOJ for 9MM 45 20 cal
    Can PM if hes gets his import back from DOJ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Is the DoJ still refusing import applications from dealers?

Have they given any reason for this if so, and if any review of the policy is likely, considering firearms licences are being granted by the Gardai.

Advertisement