Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LE Modesitt Jr.

Options
  • 18-02-2001 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Does anyone read his boks?
    What do you think?
    Which books are your favourites?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Read some.
    My view is his output is fairly uneven, some works approaching good(Parafaith, The fall of Angels), whilst others bland and formulaic(Timedivers Dawn). I'd rate him in the 2nd division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I've read nearly every one of his books. I found them all to be quite entertaining. unfortunately, due to a lack of long term memory, i cant remember the names off hand smile.gif
    I thought all the Order War ones were pretty good and also the Spellsong ones (correct title? about the singer in a strange world?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I personally think he is a very good writer, and ive read most of his recluce books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

just started reading the forever hero trilogy , 100 pages in or so and it is lookin good sofar

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Have often thought of givin LE M Jr a go but
    then while browsing have seen sumthin that
    interests me more. What do you reccommend as a first of his/hers to read ??

You never expect the Beefy Inquisition !!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement