Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF7 Sound issues+movie problems+crashing probl.....!

Options
  • 10-11-2004 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭

Just got FF7 for PC today as the old psx is failng me :( and so many problems :mad:

First off the whole thing was upside down and mirrored so went to look for the patch and most servers dont have it anymore! Got it but it didnt fix the problem so i got this games video codec and that fixed the video but got rid a the sound :mad:

I'm not going searching round the net for a fix to that which i prob wont fint anyway cause im horrible at finding stuff on the net!

So anyone got any a these problems? id really apreciate anything that could help!

PS i'm running it on my sig rig with all the newest drivers or close enough!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i have it and it works fine. dont know what could be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Just got FF7 for PC today as the old psx is failng me :( and so many problems :mad:

First off the whole thing was upside down and mirrored so went to look for the patch and most servers dont have it anymore! Got it but it didnt fix the problem so i got this games video codec and that fixed the video but got rid a the sound :mad:

I'm not going searching round the net for a fix to that which i prob wont fint anyway cause im horrible at finding stuff on the net!

So anyone got any a these problems? id really apreciate anything that could help!

PS i'm running it on my sig rig with all the newest drivers or close enough!

If you get it working on XP please repost....all I remember was trying it simply not working. There was a patch which did work for the Riva cards (Nvidia) back then, but AFAIR it was really a 3DFX job (which I had) that worked well. Also, I *think* there was a PowerVR patch.

However, I can't think was there native DirectX support as DirectX was version 3 or 5 or something then. You might get it running in software rendering only mode.

Honestly, the best solution especially these days with fast CPUs is to use the original PSX discs and a PSX emulator. It's not the cleanest solution but it works....I think! I never used FF7 for PSX on an emulator but I played through all of FF8 on PC using PSXemu I think. Works fine and the emus will have translators for D3D (so getting 1024*768 plus fancy effects not available for PSX is no prob).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

One winged angel isn't in the PC version.

FF7 PSX seems to work perfect with EspxE (sp) emulator if you use the right plug-ins.

My friend got it working on the PC but he had to use a windows 98 partition. If you have a nvidia card you are going to get some terrible tiling effects unless you can get that unofficial patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Retr0gamer wrote:
    One winged angel isn't in the PC version.

FF7 PSX seems to work perfect with EspxE (sp) emulator if you use the right plug-ins.

My friend got it working on the PC but he had to use a windows 98 partition. If you have a nvidia card you are going to get some terrible tiling effects unless you can get that unofficial patch.

OK it's a Mee-too comment but yeah it was Epsxe that I played FF8 on. Worked great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

here for the XP Patch:

http://www.freewarepro.com/info.php?categoryid=46&fileid=307

and here for the Nvidia Patch( i'm not 100% sure if this is the same as above):

http://www.voodoofiles.com/7105

One of these should fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Thanks all i got the sound working using a glide wrapper but the first fight always crashes in the first few seconds

Thanks KIITH but i forgot to say im running 2000 but i was considering installing 98 too for all old games.It seems to have the least problems with them

il try that EspxE (sp) emulator thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Hey Retro you wouldnt happen to have a link to that emulator would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Chr1s

FFvii works bad on XP if your use nvidia card.
    i got a patch just for that problem, do you want that?
    it's about 13mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

I had FFVII on the PC back in the day and it wasn't the most stable even on the hardware it was designed for. As above, I'd recommend playing the PS version in an emulator. The only advantage of the PC version over the PS version is the higher resolution, which you should be able to approximate with modern PS emus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

i remember u had to change a setting to 3 to get rid of that tiling effect. Always ran great here, and it was nice being able to watch the movies whenever I wanted (they're on the cd in avi format afair).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

astrofool wrote:
    it was nice being able to watch the movies whenever I wanted (they're on the cd in avi format afair).

Yep, but there was always the temptation to load up movies from bits of the game you hadn't got to yet! I almost ruined one of the most important scenes in the game for myself like that - I started playing the avi, but realized I hadn't seen it yet, so quickly closed it. It was Aeris' scene at the end of Disc 1!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

www.zophar.net

For all your emulator needs.

just don't expect to find any roms or iso's.

Retr0gamer wrote:

just don't expect to find any roms or iso's.

Or the bios

Advertisement