Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49% of America Say Sorry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

That is..absolute genius.
    And they're not actually apologising,maverick. They're moreso expressing their disgust at their nation of which is now statisticly stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I prefered this rant to any apology.

The redrawn US map was also a good un.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

great site!
    chin up guys, you did your best. It should be the 51% that are apologising... I'd say they will be soon :D

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Link isn't working here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

alleepally wrote:
    Link isn't working here.
    The site is taking massiev traffic for the bandwidth it's hosted on. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 clicks to load the page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Bodan

Dont know if you know but the election is not strictly over yet.
    In florida and Ohio there has been mass voter fraud goin on with the voting machines and ballots been hrown away or made unreadable.

In every state in the US where they used voting machines , bush won them all.Only in these states have the polls been wrong where they called it for Kerry.In alot of cases machines have shown there have been more votes for bush then there were voters!!!Ballots have been drenched in water where it hasn't rained for a few weeks making them unreadable to voting machines.
    One more thing, the machines were made by Republican supported companies where they are not shy of showing there support for the Bush crime family

This is the Beckon of Demoncary!!
    hmmm .... all Hail King Cheney ..... no Bush !!! :D

nope,i heard it on american talk radio and read it in there press.
    Might be stretching it a bit thinking there going to shove bush out da door , but as long as they show what kinda a crook he is , hey , its the next best thing.Anyhow we can live and hope , unless your a bush supporter which i hope you choke on an extra large Pretzel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

he will be gone in 4 years, forget that asshole and anyone who thinks its good that he is in power. he will truck along, realise iraq is unwinable, sit out his term and then be remembered as the fool asshole that he is.xxxx

lol good pic

I forgot to mention everything i said is fact and can be looked up.
    4 years !!! i dunno if we can handle all of them american immigrants ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I prefered this rant to any apology.
    Fantastic statement. +1 Insightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You want a meritocracy, Tenshot?

Hey its obivious Michael Moore is biased , there's alot of truth in what he says and imagination in the other , so my question is , what the hell has this got to do with Michael Moore , isn't he going to Canada !!

Look at what i mentioned as facts , im not drawing any dots here , just the facts.I dislike Bush because of the war in Iraq and his corrupt administration.
    Respected polls in the US (Zogby) said before the polls closed that Kerry would win .He went wrong on the voting machines.Is there not a red flag in your brain that goes "hello" here.Even if you are a ardent Bush supporter you know theres something up with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

sorryeverybody.com makes me happy and restores my faith in the american people. people like themaverick do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

ferdi wrote:
    sorryeverybody.com makes me happy and restores my faith in the american people. people like themaverick do not.
    Yes indeed. It is nice to see that they're not all complete idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

When I hear supposedly intelligent people buying into conspiracy theories and apocalyptic predictions for the next four years it makes me weep, it really does. I have disowned a number of friends who think michael moore is amazing. Why cant people see through him? Is it because they want to believe in his Krazy Konspiracies so much they are willing to set aside the fact that the man is clearly a loon who probably did more damage to Kerrys cause than any dirty tricks pulled by the bush campaign? I just dont know.

I have read his books. They are sub-literate lowest common denominator trash.
    Quite simple really.

Its called hope.

If the only hope we have that the majority of Americans didnt really vote for Bush is to believe Michael Moore's conspiracy theories, then stamp my hand and call me loony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

I have read his books. They are sub-literate lowest common denominator trash.
    I have read your post. It is sub literate lowest common denominator trash.

Isn't it odd that people who spit 'conspiracy theory' every time their precious Leader has some questions to answer generally fall for whatever 'evil muslim Bond villain plot to take over the world' story comes out of the pentagon, and parrot it line for ludicrous line until the next even more absurd one comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You've been on michael moores website havent you?

Not in a while, so at your suggestion I went and had a look. Intresting. Thanks! :D

Tanks on the streets of LA against peaceful protesters.
    http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=297

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

anyone read "Micheal Moore is a big stupid white man?"

i particurlary like the way almost no one on www.sorryeverybody.org was anything but anti-Bush; they were all anti-Bush or anti-redneck or athiests, never pro-Kerry or pro-'cosmopolitan' or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

banquo wrote:
    i particurlary like the way almost no one on www.sorryeverybody.org was anything but anti-Bush; they were all anti-Bush or anti-redneck or athiests, never pro-Kerry or pro-'cosmopolitan' or anything!

Which is why they are sorry, because they couldn't oust the minion of evil from office. They tried their best, that is good enough. No need for apology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think that site is fantastic, browsed through quite a few pages of the gallery and I have to admit, I feel sorry for the poor feckers...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Hobbes wrote:
    Tanks on the streets of LA against peaceful protesters.
    http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=297
    Was this just come kind of coincidence? Cos if it wasn't, surely it would be a breach of the Posse Comitatus Act?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I have disowned a number of friends who think michael moore is amazing.

This is brilliant. You've actually traded in friends because of their opinions? I reckon they got the good end of that stick! Sounds to me that them thinking he is amazing and you thinking he is terrible are just similar opposites.
    Most people try to separate moore's biased bull**** from the facts that are not opinionised. In fact most people don't even need to know who moore is to know that Bush has made some pretty big mistakes.

Next up on Fox news: "Micheal Moore hid weapons of mass destruction to make Bush look bad, full story right after these republican messages"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You've been on michael moores website havent you?
    Let me spell this out for you
    B-U-S-H W-O-N T-H-E E-L-E-C-T-I-O-N F-A-I-R A-N-D S-Q-U-A-R-E.
    Its Over.Fini.
    Michael moore is a nutcase.
    That is all

same way he won fair and square last time as well eh mav?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

They are actually anti-american groups and should have the balls to say so.

Rubbish.

the republicans are not the only ones who engage in dirty tricks or try and disenfranchise other voters.

You you agree the republicans are engaged in dirty tricks then? Yet you defend them to the last and hate micheal moores attempts to show this. Why do you support something engaged in dirty tricks. A lot of the people who are anti-bush aren't necessarily pro-kerry. I dislike Bush, immensly doesn't mean I like the other parties and believe they also are not engaged in dirty tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Moved. You might want to merge this with one of the other 10^39 Bush threads around.

Perhaps a fnew forum?
    "US President"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Perhaps a fnew forum?

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

That site is a tad...I dont want to use the word pathetic because its a bit OTT but you feel embarrassed for the people sending their pictures in.

Anyway I loved that register rant that squirrel linked for the this one part:
    The Register has been contacted by one NDOP activist, styling himself Commandante Camembert, with an early draft of the organisation's first communique to the nation. "We must," says Camembert, "learn to speak to all of the people. But we mustn't be afraid to sneer when we do it."

And its true - the Democrats and their most vocal advocates are effectively campaigning for the Republicans by calling voters moronic, inbred rednecks for not voting for their candidate. Like the ill fated, terribly thought out Operation Clarke Country which must have been a Bush insider job this will never win votes for any Democratic candidate.

People arent asking why didnt the voters want Kerry to be President - theyre saying how stupid are the voters for not wanting Kerry to be President. Theyre already sowing the seeds for their defeat in 2008 - not recognising the problem. The Democrats were so outclassed by the Republican election team that the vote became a referendum on John Kerrys ability or inability to protect America, rather than on Bushes record. Bush and co have left the Kerry supporters bewildered and confused at how they were so completely trounced and theyre lashing out blindly. They dont want to understand why someone would vote for Bush, they just want to demonise Bush voters - who cant all be heavily armed, bigoted, fundamentalist, KKK members from alabama.

Best of luck in 2008 with that attempt to persuade voters to embrace a party/faction that considers them practically subhuman.

Advertisement