Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo and Win XP Service Pack 2

Options
  • 10-11-2004 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

I got a new puter wiv Win XP on it and installed Halo (Great Game) but since I installed Service Pack 2 on XP, I cant play Halo at all? It just loads and then drops? Please help I really love the game.

OHP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

OHP wrote:
    I got a new puter wiv Win XP on it and installed Halo (Great Game) but since I installed Service Pack 2 on XP, I cant play Halo at all? It just loads and then drops? Please help I really love the game.

OHP

service pack 2 did strange things to my pc when i installed it last week aswell,try installing the newest version of dirext x (9.0c) get it from the microsoft website,if that doesnt work try re installing the game,i would also suggest you try posting your problem in the computers section,i got some great advice when i had problems with service pack 2 there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

Sevice pack 2 has probably installed its own version of your graphics card drivers, either get the original drivers from your disk supplied with graphics card or download them from the manufacturer's website

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Exact same thing happened me. I just tried to play it every few hours and eventually it loaded properly. I kept freezing at the silver and black microsoft sphere screen thingy.

I can honestly say that it is one of the worst looking FPS games to ever hit the pc. The game is excellent but i put everything up full and it looks cack...
    (i have a PC to run Farcry on max everything by the way so its not because i dont know what im doing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Just found this and it works so it might be of interest to a lot of people.

Here

OHP

PS Even with my Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 the game runs rather slow at times. I really hope HALO 2 is not as slow.

Advertisement