Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave - Green light - no connection?

• 11-11-2004 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

I'm guesing with all the Ripwave queries, we'll soon need a dedicated Ripwave forum.

I got my ripwave modem yesterday. At the moment, I have a green light - unbelievably so, as I have had only orange all evening. However, I can't seem to connect to any websites (I'm connecting thru my modem at the moment).

Just because I have a green light, does this mean I should always connect to the web? I was connecting earlier with an orange light, but it was constantly disconnecting. Is there anything I can do on my PC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

What mast are you on?

I have a green light most of the time but in the last hew days my
    connection has been all over the place.
    I'm on the Ballymun mast.

But Green light = 50k/sec for me anyway. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

1) Can you ping from dos prompt?
    1) Make sure internet explorer > Tools menu > Connection > LAN settings .. all boxes unticked, also best remove any proxies

hope that helps,
    lamps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

I'm based in Christchurch and use the Guinness mast.

IBB have advised me to update to the latest version of XP and to install a virus scanner. I'm not sure if this'll make any difference though.

Advertisement