Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Fish Recipe

• 11-11-2004 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

I have been really in the mood for cooking things I wouldnt normally cook lately, breaking away from the usual lasagne, chicken kievs etc... so i'm looking for something fishy to experiment with tomorrow. So i'd like to hear your personal favorite fish recipe, and a little idea on how to prepare it and any extras you add to perfect the meal :D. The best recipe will be enjoyed by me for 2moros dinner.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Ingredients:

Salmon fillet
    Knob of butter
    Lime Juice
    salt & black pepper
    Method:

For fuss free salmon steaks place on some tinfoil skin side down.

Add a knob of butter, squeez of lime juice and season with salt and black pepper.

Seal the tinfoil into a bag.

Bake at 200C for 20 mins and serve with salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Rainbow trout 1 per person
    Bay leaves
    Lemon slices
    Salt & pepper
    Fresh Rosemary (optional but nice)

Wash the whole trout, leave it with the head etc on it, then open the stomach cavity and pop in a bay leaf a bit of rosemary, a slice of lemon and a twist of salt and pepper.
    Wrap this in a tin foil envelope, make sure it is all sealed around the sides, pop this in an over preheated to 180' or onto the barbecue or campfire for about 30 minutes.
    You will end up with a scrumptious and very easily prepared piece of fish.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

1 Tuna steak
    tbsp lime juice
    1/2 tsp chili powder
    tbsp soy sauce (or ketjap manis if you find it)
    salt and cracked black pepper

Mix everything and marinate for an hour or two, if you have the time. Fry with as little oil as possible (griddle pans are good).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

salmon fillet, rubbed with a chopped up clove of garlic and some fresh ground ginger. Fry this in a tiny bit of oil till its done on both sides, remove from pan throw little soy sauce and a dash of vinegar in the pan to deglaze , pour this over the fish and serve with rice and steamed asparagus.... good stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Cork_girl wrote:
    Ingredients:
    Salmon fillet
    Knob of butter
    Lime Juice
    salt & black pepper
    Method:

For fuss free salmon steaks place on some tinfoil skin side down.

Add a knob of butter, squeez of lime juice and season with salt and black pepper.

Seal the tinfoil into a bag.

Bake at 200C for 20 mins and serve with salad.

Can't go wrong with this method and it suits any kind of fish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

uummmm sounds really nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Some excellent ideas here, I never know what to do with fish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

From James Martin's Yorkshires finest:

Take a bowl and add curry powder and flour (50/50). Add a pinch of salt. Coat both sides of the cod fillter with the mixture. Heat a pan and add olive oil and butter. When the oli/butter is hot carefully place your fish in the pan. When the ends start to curl turn it over. Serve with salad.

More recipes from James here.

Advertisement