Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat 3 of the BSOP

Options
  • 11-11-2004 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

Heat 3 - 19th/20th/21st
    evillive
    Lafortezza
    Edser
    Decker
    Musician
    KevinR
    Kencleary
    Quozl
    Krusty_clown
    TwoShedsJackson

That's the lineup, we just need to decide a time and place to play it.
    Personally Friday the 19th is no good.
    But either Saturday the 20th or Sunday the 21st is fine for me.
    Time-wise any time after 4pm should be ok.

Location: I can't host this month, if anyone else with a fairly central location is happy to host then fire your suggestion up here.
    Otherwise I suggest we play in the Fitz. Luke is happy enough to give us a table and chips (for a nominal fee).

So best time for me would be: Saturday 20th November 5pm in the Fitz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I believe that clashes with a Suited Aces event no? I'm happy to play after/before the SA event or on the Friday - Can't make Sunday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

kencleary wrote:
    I believe that clashes with a Suited Aces event no? I'm happy to play after/before the SA event or on the Friday - Can't make Sunday though.
    This is true! The SA event should be starting earlier on the saturday rather than later, so ideally the heat could start after, maybe around 6.30pm-7pm, depending on the SA.com event finishing.
    Should still be handy enough to ask Luke for a table upstairs or something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I had assumed like the previous heat 3 events that I would be hosting. I would have proposed the saturday but with the SA event I wonder if anyone would fancy playing it this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Can't play this Friday or Sunday... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

This weekend is ok with me, if it's Saturday it'd need to be 5 p.m. or later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

this saturday would suit me if it suited everyone else, or the friday or sunday of the weekend 19-21st.
    I think the fitz would be a nice central location for most people, and worth a few quid.

Saturday the 20th after 6pm is out for me, my sister has her house warming on her first apartment. I'd be a dead man if I gave that a miss.

Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

I can't make this Saturday, but I'm free this Fri/Sun or any time next week.

Ed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Here we go. I'll leave it until next weekend as scheduled and it will be Saturday evening 5.30 unless that affects too many.
    Of course if people would rather have it in a different venue then by all means jump in with a proposal. If you are proposing the Fitz for example that assumes you will talk to Luke and arrange it.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

cant do this weekend

next saturday at 5.30 is fine though

mark

its never easy is it....
    Its a bit too near the weekend (ie tomorrow and the day after) so it'll have to be the weekend of the 20th/21st.
    As the Suited Aces tournament is on at 4pm ish on the saturday (to be confirmed!), then I think we should have it after the tournament, at maybe 7/8pm or whatever.

The other option is to have it in musician's house on the Sunday 21st, because everyone loves smoking while playing poker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

After the SA tournament sounds great!
    Might encourage me to get off my ass, and go play the SA tounie too...

O.k. lets stick with saturday week then in the fitz after our tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

i missed my heat (2) so
    if there is anyone dropping out
    can i be first in line to sit play in heat 3.

thanks

Like I said 4 days ago, I can't make the saturday after the SA tournament. So what time would suit everybody?

Anyone unable to make the sunday? I can host it if necessary (donnybrook, chips + kems)

Greg

I cant make Sunday.

Would saturday before the SA tournament be any good?

Or how about thursday at my gaff in donnybrook at 7? Unlikely to suit everybody but we could be lucky so I'm offering the venue/date.

Greg

Before the SA game is fine by me but unfortunately Thursday is out.

I am available for most times suggested. I am still wondering why people signed up for the BSOP. 3 players at the previous 2 heats. Why oh why subscribe to something if you can't make time for it. O.k. better shut it before I find myself unable to make some suggested time and place.

I think the recent non-attendence is less due to time commitments than due to people's point tallies. Realistically if you've no chance of making it to the final table why would you spend 50 more euro only half of which you have a chance to win.

Well the fitz only opens at 4pm on saturdays with the SA.com tournament likely to start pretty much straight away. Having people travel somewhere first and then to the Fitz for the SA thing is a bit much.

Thursday is not good for me either unfortunately.

It still looks like Saturday next after the SA game is the best for the majority. Hyzepher can make a ruling if there's still doubts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I will make a ruling if it isn't settled by Wednesday 4pm

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

can't do friday or sunday

anytime on saturday though with preference for after the SA game

Has this been arranged yet? The weekend is getting near

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

**me have nothing to do with Heat3**

Ok seen as H2 was a bit of a disaster with only 3 showing up. and the same seems to be happening with H3 from the look of things.........

Could i make a suggestion, theres a huge amount i can only do Sat, I can can only do Fri afternoon, i can only do Blah

Why not ask ppl to nominate either they can play on Weekends Fri -Sat -Sun (Fri counted as wkend or nay?) i can play during wk Mon-Thurs or i can generally play either.

Then split the groups up when deciding groups made up of Wkend pll and another group of wk day ppl. Then after that give 2 weeks notice of the date and then thats that u can play or u cant. Work should be the only reason why someone cant play, surely the G/f wife family can be parked/allow u to play if given enough notice.
    (As u can guess I have no such worries :| *plz dont bash me :D )

+btw unless i win the final this month i'll be droppin out till the reset starts up again :):D

Work should be the only reason why someone cant play, surely the G/f wife family can be parked/allow u to play if given enough notice.

Yeah because stuff like my baby sister having bought her first apartment and having her house warming is unimportant compared to a BSOP heat? Or weddings , or whatever. You must have a painfully dull life if the only thing in it that could be more important than a BSOP heat is work.

There had better be more than 3 people at saturdays heat. As the time it's being schedueled for is the only time I can't play, if anybody who sprung for saturday after the SA tournament doesn't show up I will be thoroughly unimpressed frankly.

Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

(As u can guess I have no such worries :| *plz dont bash me )
    ^^^^
    see above in previous, and no I dont have a painfully dull life thx :D OF COURSE!!!! X-( there will be genuine exceptions as u say, but theres a whole lot of ppl that cant seem to find any free time, which means its nigh on impossibe to find a time that suits most players.

There should be one day picked that the majority votes/agrees to and the minority doesnt play. simple as.

quozl wrote:
    There had better be more than 3 people at saturdays heat. As the time it's being schedueled for is the only time I can't play, if anybody who sprung for saturday after the SA tournament doesn't show up I will be thoroughly unimpressed frankly.

Greg

Well i'm in the final anyway I reckon. So if the rest can make it some other time than Sat after the SA game go ahead and re-schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Any decision on this yet? Any time this weekend is okay with me, really, is the SuitedAces game a freezeout like on 16/10 - can't see anything about it on the site.

Any update yet guys? If the final this month is on Sunday week then I probably can't make that either so there's little point in holding it on Saturday if i'm the only one who can't make this Sunday.

• Advertisement

OK - since no one in Heat 3 can agree.

Heat 3 will take place on Saturday after the SA tournament - or whenever all are ready to start

Hyzepher

Advertisement