Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New boards wishlist v3.1? v4?

Options
  • 11-11-2004 2:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭

Anytime I've checked, boards have been in synch with Jelsoft's latest release... so I've no cause to moan here... But can't I always wish...

1) Given rep tracking: users can see rep given/available to give per user on a rep-already given basis - per 24 hour period.

2) From various threads read; think for bad rep; no explanation needed. We have mainly what is needed already. Maybe bad rep posters could need to assign themselves to a group: e.g. "People against Irish Nazis" - perhaps setup for/by just one user :-) Still better than the total annonymity that exists now!

3) One would be nice to have... 2) not pushed tbh!

Needed is a karma-ometer - ideally with summary figures - how much more good/bad rep you can give per/individual in 24 hrs.

Just wishes is all...

Anyone got more wishes - think there's no santa etc?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

another rep thread?!?!
    move along, nothing to see here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If this happens I am joining a group called "users against people who start rep threads"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

we could all make groups with our big reps and tear other groups to pieces, it would be like a scene from boys in the hood.

If this happens I am joining a group called "users against people who start rep threads"

bad rep to anyone who starts a thread about rep i like
    lets start with this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wiw4

bad rep me tuxy pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssweeeeeeeeeee

• Advertisement

wiw4 wrote:
    bad rep me tuxy pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssweeeeeeeeeee

only if you start a thread on rep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Jebus I don't give a rat's ass about rep! What I'm talking about is what I want boards software to do in future. Can't believe no-one else is interested in this sigh! :(

Does no one think that at least 3) would be useful? :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I wish the word rep was replaced with ***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wiw4

tuxy wrote:
    only if you start a thread on rep

well i did kind of:

sort of rep thread

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont know *what* you people are babbling about. I'm scared, and a little bit suspect. </python>

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Jebus I don't give a rat's ass about rep! What I'm talking about is what I want boards software to do in future. Can't believe no-one else is interested in this sigh! :(

Does no one think that at least 3) would be useful? :eek: :(

3) looks like a smiley with boobies instead of eyes. Boobies are useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Anytime I've checked, flurtle, whoople, vurt vurt, scoonch eradaga. Splag von da doush doush sprit vladakoff. Shunt de vunt in der vlooder flay. Van da dish doosh.

What the HELL are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

pam wrote:
    3) looks like a smiley with boobies instead of eyes. Boobies are useful.

3) = fat nekid lady

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

pam wrote:
    Boobies are useful.

They would be to you on the 27th dahling... ;)

So to sum up. Any developer from Jelsoft reading this thread... we are a bunch of motivated people with very serious needs :rolleyes:
    (Hint make the smilies even worse in V3.1 - that'll piss 'em off even more :cool: )

Don't know why I even bothered :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

So to sum up. Any developer from Jelsoft reading this thread... we are a bunch of motivated people with very serious needs :rolleyes:
    (Hint make the smilies even worse in V3.1 - that'll piss 'em off even more :cool: )

Don't know why I even bothered :(

We established boobies are useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

we got our old smilies back. now that's a scary looking eek->:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

So to sum up. Zoop zoop didda bok chok. Vee dun woorp vush dada lack bak.

Dlushet van da flak tak gredet voop lushta. :(

You're just making yourself look silly now, and Pam is correct in her observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

RuggieBear wrote:
    we got our old smilies back. now that's a scary looking eek->:eek:
    but no :ninja: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

given this is a wish list thread..or I thought it was...

- how about here, the amount of times you've posted in each forum, like it does for each thread you've responded to, when you mouse over it.

ya know, the mouse over the envelope will tell you how many times you posted in said thread and the last date/time of post.

• Advertisement

Hmm inspiring!

Further thoughts are a rep overdaft facility (guess how this came into my head :(, clue if my bank manager's reading this he's rofl!) Where you have an overdraft that you can eat into that grows as your rep grows. So when you've maxed out your rep on an individual you are prompted: You have given So'nSo too much rep already, you must spread rep first, however you have x reputation points on your reserve. Give from reserve?

Think the rules for recharging overdraft should be something like 10% of rep you give out pays the overdraft.

I see this as all strictly confined to "+" rep. It's all too easy to give neg rep in the heat of the moment, find you can't give it, login tomorrow read further posts and change your mind. (Could happen with pos rep too, but think less likely).

Demonstrate vos mamarii!
    Dunno what this means but I have a hunch we're dealing with a pervert here! :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i've desided i AM giving bad rep to anyone who starts a rep topic...

Advertisement