Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brave New World Vs 1984

Options
  • 27-03-2001 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Which i sbetter, and why? My favourite is still 1984. Orwell's writing style just does it for me.

Give me back my towel. I'll sue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

C'mon reply! Its been here three hours already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, both good, if a tad over-rated, novels. IMO Brave New World pips 1984 to the post - only for the reason that i preffer Aldous Huxley's writing style to George Orwells. Only trouble with BNW was that it took "Ford-ism" to too extreme a level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Id have to go side with Neuro-Praxis and 1984 , not so much for the Style of writing and more for the comparisons between It and the world today . BNW doesnt really have that in the same quantity as 1984 , Very close though .

Have I posted on Literature?..Eww I feel dirty , Need a shower and a few hours of Mindless telly smile.gif

Shrewgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

WOOOO-HA!

*neuro puts arms up in the air and runs around whooping*

I got replies! biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Guess I'd have to vote Blair as well smile.gif

I've read a fair few Stephen King books, but no horror has ever scared me as much as 1984 smile.gif

Alo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I dunno what everyones problem with BNW was, everyone in that world was happy, apart from a few birthing mistakes and the world leaders

I like happy books smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Yeah yoss, happiest bit weas the eding IMO, a barrel of laughs...

Ho Ho Ho.

i know what u mean tho...id quite like a wee bit of Soyo now and again meself biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

def have to agree with neuro, 1984 isma gem of a book, damn well written, never liked nrave new world too much really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Brave New World is my favourite between the two. I prefer George Orwell's writing style to Huxley's and pretty much everyone elses in fact (except Coupland and Lewis). But I feel that Brave New World is a far better portrayal of the way society could move. People will be easy to manipulate, they won't have to live in abject terror the way they did in 1984. But the crimes committed against humanity could still be as brutal and appalling.
    There is just something about it that terrifies me in a very real way.

My Adolescent website:
    http://www.iol.net/~mullent

Advertisement