Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

William Gibson Audio

Options
  • 27-03-2001 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Nueromancer in mp3 format read by Gibson with atmospheric background music by U2( ya can't have everything), good stuff. Also some more of his stuff in .txt files. Is it legal - I have no idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Wow, those file sizes are pretty big, 7.73 megs for the Side A of Tape 1 - couldn't they have reduced sound quality on spoken text?

What's the story with Audio books? I've never actually listened to one. Many people use them? What do the hard-core readers out there think? smile.gif

Later,
    Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Sound quality is reuced to 24kbps so it's not crystal by any means but seeing as it weighs in at 6 hours + file sizes would be a problem at 128Kbps. I've listened to bout half it now and he wouldn't be my first choice for a narrator, his whiney voice is really starting to **** me off. Still brilliant storey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shank:
    Sound quality is reuced to 24kbps so it's not crystal by any means but seeing as it weighs in at 6 hours + file sizes would be a problem at 128Kbps. I've listened to bout half it now and he wouldn't be my first choice for a narrator, his whiney voice is really starting to **** me off. Still brilliant storey though.</font>

um, isnt it read by gibson barry?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Good Christ in a chrome-polished basket. Shank! I KISS YOU!

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Yeah it is him but he hasn't got a good reading voice imo, don't worry bout the kisses man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I listened to it - his voice does have a certain nasal quality to it. still, good story...

Advertisement