Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High ceiling painting

• 11-11-2004 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Looking for some ideas. Im trying to paint the celing of my upstairs landing. My problem is that I cannot reach the edges over the stairs. Has anyone any ideas on how to do this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

2142 wrote:
    Looking for some ideas. Im trying to paint the celing of my upstairs landing. My problem is that I cannot reach the edges over the stairs. Has anyone any ideas on how to do this.

A ladder, set on the stairs canted back against the direction of the stairs is really about the only way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Borzi is right.

Just to add that I saw a guy wallpapering do the same with a two ladders. but then put two planks horizontially from the steps of the stairs to the rungs of the ladder. to make a platform.

I'm taking no responsibilities for any injuries incurred by anybody trying to do this. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

2142 wrote:
    get the wife to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

well if you take your time with this it will work out ok....From my experience if you can get away with what the lads said as to get the ladder against back well and get a plank etc....Or quick solution is you can tape brush to the end of roller pole(make sure its secure,wrap it up good with masking tape) and put it a slight angle when tapeing up,so dip brush in paint and extend pole so that you can reach ceiling...

Or there is a piece of equipment you can buy from a place called MRCB (Thomas St)this can be screwed into the top of the pole where you can fit and clamp any type of brush into it and it clicks to all angles...

goodluck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The ladder way is how pro painters do it. And yes, use planks but make sure the ladder is strong enough for everything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

if youre putting the ladders on to a bannister please make sure its solid or brace behind it, fell off ladder in similar situation, banister gave way and was not a comfortable fall!! if youre doing the walls too just get an extension pole and stay on the ground

afaik there are four way folding ladders that double as a makeshift scaffold, ask a local hire store am sure they will be able to help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

UNIFLU wrote:
    if youre putting the ladders on to a bannister

im not suprised you fell....

Advertisement