Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another iRiver IHP-140 question

Options
  • 11-11-2004 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

so all the raving about how great these things are has finally gotten to me and i'm seriously thinking about getting one.

the main reason i want one of these over an ipod is the remote, so before i splash out i just wanna make sure of one thing. is the headphone socket on the remote the same as a normal headphone socket, or will it only take iriver earphones? i got a decent pair of earphones for my md and wanna use them with the iriver.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

as far as i remember the one on the remote is 3.5 mm too, but they give u losts of adapters and such so your own earphones will be compatable with remote and player.

can someone confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

as far as i remember the one on the remote is 3.5 mm too, but they give u losts of adapters and such so your own earphones will be compatable with remote and player.

can someone confirm this?
    you get an adaptor so "normal" headphones work ok
    the jack is a standard size, but some headphones wont work properly without their adaptor because the plastic moulding around the jack on the remote prevents the headphones from plugging all the way in.
    or something.

either way, you get an adaptor.

side note: where might one purchase a replacement adaptor? i lost mine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

thanks

Advertisement