Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2 problem

Options
  • 11-11-2004 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Just got the halo 2 limited edition box set but the game disk wont play says my x-box doenst recognise the disk anyone else get this, plays second disk fine and all other x-box games i have

Any ideas

shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Are there any marks on the disc?
    If the disc looks ok, take it back to wherever you got it. Sounds like a problem with the disc itself, especially if everything else you have runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

did you contact support ? based on the serial number on the xbox they will be able to identify if there's an issue with the hardware or not.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Is there a number that comes up on the top left of the screen you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

thats really really **** anyone who gets a game first day at least deserves a working copy :rolleyes:
    shinzon wrote:
    Just got the halo 2 limited edition box set but the game disk wont play says my x-box doenst recognise the disk anyone else get this, plays second disk fine and all other x-box games i have

Any ideas

Colm

Also, have you tried it on a mates xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

just bring it back and get another copy! also dont watch the dvd if you havnt finished the game as it is full of spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

sorry i should have updated this, for some reason the x-box would not recognise the disk, i tried restarting, reseating the disk, i looked at the disk no marks whatsoever, i put it back into the box had my coat on ready to bring it back and i said id give it one more try just in case and it worked, i did nothing different then what I did the first time, yet for 3 quarters of an hour the x-box refused to read the disk

im beginning to wonder is the x-box on the way out, but having said that it reads every other disk i have, the only other problem ive had with it and this happened since day one, is that it will not set the time properly, you can set time/date on it but it doesnt keep the settings, if you restart the x-box the time/date has to be set again, dont think that would cause this problem

but anyhoo alls well, and what a game

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Losing time sounds like the onboard battery but the xbox doesnt have one according to memory do you isolate the power from the xbox ie. switch off the power socket they will lose the time and date after a few minutes if you do that or unplug it.
    Pete

yep unplugging the damn thing loses the time settings (damn you fire paranoid father).
    Your xbox does not sound healthy and unfortunately the xbox support is THE most useless place ever. (7 times i've contact, 7 times they did not help whatsoever) its like talking to robots. They tell you the most scripted bull****. /rant

If it happens again try to get an error number or see if the light on the front does anything other than go steady green.

My DVD-ROM drive went there four weeks ago cost me 60 euro to fix it. cheaper than a standard xbox service at 95 euro. bastards. And they don't service open xboxes so once you break that seal if you cant fix it its a new box because they wont touch it. (if your box is still under warranty finish halo 2 quick as and report a problem before its out of warranty - free service)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 djhooley

just got halo2 in smyths at 8.30pm. error in readin disc. brought it back. got new copy same problem. works until the armory part. all other games working fine. major pissed off. any ideas?????

• Advertisement

armory part??

the first part works fine. the movie bit with the covenant.when i try to select the next mission it says error in reading disc.it may be damaged or dirty.its brand new game, brought it back to smyths, works fine. all other games fine. has anyone got phone no. for microsoft???? :confused::confused::confused:

Thats bizarre that it reads so much then stops. Nightmare..of all the games forit to happen to aswell.

Have you tried it in a diffrent xbox (if possible)

i fookin know tis nightmare. i tried it in smyths where i bought it .course it works fine. any idea how much microsoft charge to take a look. not under warranty. :confused:

As i said above - when your xbox is not under warranty it costs 95 euro (they send someone, pick it up, take it to Bill Gates' house where they laugh as they just reconnect a loose cable, have jolt cola and custard creams, then send it back to you and bill a credit card for 95 of your hard earned euro.)
    When you get the dirty game disc message does it come up with a grey number in the top left of the screen? If so post it here.

:confused: no number in corner. xbox is under warranty. tis a 2 yr warrant if i not mistaken???? i have no recipt. whats story there :confused:

its only a one year warranty unfortunately. Not sure if having no receipt is a problem. Did you pay for it by credit card?? If so you can get your statement to show when and where you bought it.
    If your xbox is over 1 yr old it wont matter about the receipt as they charge you regardless the 95 euro for a service.
    When you call though say you paid cash and that you got it for christmas last year, they might believe you. They will ask you for the serial number of the box and take your details. I would say that your not near your xbox at the minute and see if they agree to service it for free. see if they beleive that its only a year old...

tis two year warranty in ireland for some reason. they be sendin a courier to collect it in few days. result :D:D:D the fella on the phone was slow as fook. no receipt he took my word for it.

the bastard on the phone never said it was 2 year warranty here in ireland. bollox. Mine isn't two years old yet and he told me I had to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

it isnt a two year warranty. only nintendo's consoles are under a two year warranty yet they happen to be the most reliable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement