Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College business Question problem

Options
  • 11-11-2004 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all

I am in my 4th year in dit and am doing a thesis on e- marketing

I am attaching an

E-Marketing project that I have to do.Can anyone suggest a company to do it for (the company has to be under 50 staff) Here is the project, if anyone could come back to me with an answer as soon as possible I would greatley appreciate it.
    patrickmuldoon@hotmail.com

There is an attachment below.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

1. Read your assignment and understand what criteria you are looking for rather than expecting others to do so for you.
    2. Go to an Irish Internet industry body such as the IIA and select a few suitable candidtates based upon the above criteria.
    3. Email / phone them with your needs / questions prepared in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

"to prepare the marketing plan for a web business."

there is no such thing as a web business, unless it is a compnay that makes webs.
    Amazon was set up as a book selling business, it uses the medium of the web to
    advertise,process orders,handle payments and customer care. probably to purchase and manage stock also.

give your lecturer a good kicking over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

madramor wrote:
    there is no such thing as a web business, unless it is a compnay that makes webs.
    http://www.huhcorp.com/ :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Yes because arguing definitions will get you a good grade with your lecturer!

It specifies a business with less than 50 employees, look at companies near where you live that might like a web presence. Estate agents, solicitor, local garage, corner shop, florist, chinese take-away anything that needs to communicate with customers.

Keep it simple and emphasise how the website can provide more effective communication between the business and customers or potential customers.

Try and pick a business where you can talk to somebody in charge who can give you loads of info about the average customer etc. then look at what the same type of business have done with website around the world and try and use the best bits from each one.

i've no doubt that they've a huge chunk of the american market

• Advertisement

fintan wrote:
    Yes because arguing definitions will get you a good grade with your lecturer!

they also might think that you took sometime to read and understood the assignment.
    fintan wrote:
    Keep it simple and emphasise how the website can provide more effective communication between the business and customers or potential customers.

yes stick to generic, mindless , one size fits all, don't rock the boat, standard ideas.
    use terms
    "like the internet is such an effective marketing tool, they even have it on computers now".
    use lots of facts, millions of people use the internet and its use is increasing by X% each year.
    Don't worry that none of these millions of users are your target market, its all about the stats.

and of course the absolute guaranteed way to succeed is
    fintan wrote:
    then look at what the same type of business have done with website around the world and try and use the best bits from each one.
    the above method helped to make Mr. Chips his billions

also
    e-marketing the e stands for electronic,
    so istead of just creating a website and hoping the customers will stumble upon your website
    use other radical marketing techniques like text messaging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

madramor wrote:
    they also might think that you took sometime to read and understood the assignment.

also
    e-marketing the e stands for electronic,
    so istead of just creating a website and hoping the customers will stumble upon your website
    use other radical marketing techniques like text messaging

It seriously depends on the lecturer, I have had some who would welcome debate and others who believe their word is gospel and only want the answer that they have given you, it sucks but happens.

madramor Im just throwing out ideas to gaz123, I must have touched some sort of nerve with you as this is obviously an area you believe you know a lot about.

he is just a student looking for a start on a project, its not exactly the coca-cola account, so relax heh?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gaz123

Thanks for all your ideas but I'm just asking this question on behalf of a mate. I'm a computer programming student and to be honest knew very little about this topic. Passed on tha mate this website. On the other hand if any of yous know about 3d, java or flash then I'll get back to ya

Advertisement