Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revelation Space (tiny spoiler, not much)

Options
  • 10-04-2001 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

ok, so it's present day, and the main char is doing stuff ....

wait wait wait, it's 20 years ago, on the way to a different star system, with another main character ... ok starting to get the hang of thi-

*smack* back to the 1st character, but now it's 10 years later, whoa, he's having flashbacks to -

no, cut that, we're back 30 years ago, on a 3rd world, with another seemingly main character. do we get her story? ah, yes, a flashback - she was ...hang on, she went to sleep for 20 years. hmmm, ah, but she's going to wake up ...

... in the present (ie start of the book - 20 years) ...

... then go back to sleep ...

... for another 20 years ...

... then wake up again!

hang on, what happened the main character? (the 1st one - the other 2 met and had sex* (two women) ) ....

... he had a flashback...

and this is only 100 pages in!

is anyone else confused? I've to keep reading from 10 pages before where I left off every time I leave it down, just to make sense. smile.gif

Class book though! And what a cool name that author has! smile.gif

Al.

* ok, it was just my imagination. Nice thought though!

Comments

Advertisement