Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling Pump Question

Options
  • 11-11-2004 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

I was just wondeering if i added another radiator to a thermaltake aquarius 2 system would the pump be able to pump water through the whole system?? Is there enough power in the pump to handle two radiators. Has anyone done this in boards??? exactly how much pressure would it need, the specs of the pump are:
    Water Pressure: 1.2 kg/cm2
    Pump Speed: 90 L/hr

and the extra radiator is roughly the same dimensions as the one already supplied with the aquarius 2 kit.

So will the pump be ale to handle it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

you would be lucky to get away with it due to the pump pressure being so low mine is 600lph and i feel i could do better....the zalman does 300lph and thats not great pressure judgeing from the flow indcator ..id get a bigger pump before any extras onto that loop ...maybe im wrong but thats what i'd think.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yeh i was thinking of a new pump, is a new pump easy to install???

Any linkage to new pumps that are cheap and good.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

When looking at pumps dont look at the lph as this is usually with no back pressure .
    You are better looking at the head that the pump has i.e. how high the pump will pump the water.
    Your pump will pump it 1.2meters which is not bad.
    I bought my pump
    here
    I got the maxijet 1200 but it would require some work to get it connected up try an enheim on that site.

cool the maxijets look cheap. Would the pump in the aquarius be able to pump it around two radiators??? or i was thinking of this http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=302310&view=detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

im not to sure about this but i herard somewhere that pumps like the one you linked to ...can be a little bit hotter due to the heat of the pump being pushed out into the water that combined with the heat form the cpu ...i could be wrong ...but im feeling my pump now :D and the motor within it is not really hot but warm all the same .....so i dont ???????...maybe im wrong :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I was thinking of making 1 watercooling system out of 2, link them up as follows

Tank\Pump 1---GPU---Rad 1---Rad 2---Pump 2---Rad 3---and back again, maybe use some sort of coolent added to the water aswell, need that x800 low low low :) Im planning on doing that pencl mod again, i got more tips for doing it, some people are getting over 600 core speeds, i wana know the best way to cool the memory on the x800, What are the best ramsinks u can get???

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

The eheim 1000 will add a little bit of heat to your water but with a dual rad setup you should be able to cool it nobother as it will only be a small percentage of the total wattage going into your system.
    If it was me I wouldn't get another radiator the size of the one in the aquarius, I would get a new radiator that would take 2 120mm fans. That would be much better than 2 small one's, as it would be less restrictive and give better cooling power.
    If adding a new pump I would get rid of the one supplied as it will be restrictive to a new pump. I dont believe its rating of 1.2kg/cm2 as it is only 2watts.
    If you get a new pump and radiator i would change my tubing to 3/8th at least as I think it comes with 1/4 tubing as standard.
    Also you should also have coolant in your water at all times. The coolant doesn't help get your temperatures lower but it will keep any bugs away. Too much coolant will actually increase your temps.

I am just gonna use the parts i have, an aquarius kit and an evercool wc201 kit, 3 rads , 2 pumps , 1 tank (other is cracked)

Advertisement