Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor

Options
  • 11-11-2004 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

Getting very pi**ed off with the atitude of Vodafone to people that are on contract with them....have been a loyal customer for 5 years and they have been messing around for 4-5 months about my upgrade....when I mentioned last week about leaving suddenly they said I had an upgrade....spanners

Anyway not impressed with there customer service to existing customer....they only care about new customer so going to join Meteor......

Was wondering have many people moved and how do they find them on rates? coverage? phone upgrades?

I will be moving to contract and taking the Meteor 75 for a month or so just to see how my bills work out.....anyone find them good??

How is the coverage in the Dublin/Cavan area?? I spend most of the time in either Dublin or Cavan so thats the main coverage area I need! also what happens in area where they dont have coverage? can you switch to O2/Vodafone with same rates? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I dont have much exp with coverage in cavan area or the roaming issue but some other things can answer is

coverage in dublin is in the main pretty good but again depends on precise area. City centre etc is grand as is most of the major suburbs and leinster area.

I moved to vodafone bill and think it is shocking the price of calls, gprs etc. The other half is on meteor 75 and bill is always much cheaper than mine and uses fone much mroe than me, definitly planning to move back to meteor bill when vodafone contract up.

Only drawback is you cant carry minutes over and also diffucult to keep tabs on minutes used eg no texting 1907 to get mins used. Also there is no dedicated bill customer service with meteor so you have to ring in to 1905 with the rest of joe public and can be fairly busy.

Customer care isnt bad (IMO) but as I say there are not many bill customers on meteor so sometimes it can take a little longer to get queries such as accounts etc answered esp at night.

Upgrade is discounted at say 20e off 1st time connection price after 12 months so if discount is 20e (If you spent more than 250e on bills) you could get a phone that is say 50 for 20 and discount goes up more you spend obviously.

Other thing is they are very very hot on people who's direct debits fail, will disconnect without warning so make sure that is all in order as is paperwork for setting up bill. You'd need to be 100% you have all id etc they require as wont set it up otherwise due to fraud issues.

Apart from that, in terms of cheapness calls and texts , and GPRS much cheaper from my experience but I do think vodafone CC for bill customers has the edge. They have the My meteor service similar to my vodafone but only 30 free webtexts p/m and you'll find call quality despite what most say is pretty good....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Think I will go Meteor! not impressed with Vodafone at all.....everytime you try and find out anything from the account they try and sell you that weekend thing or you have 5 mins of somebody tell you about there 11811 alternative!!

Have been chatting to a couple of people at the Meteor desk about changing over and they seem ok! at least they just give you info without 5 mins of someone listing stuff off a screen!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

not a vodafone customer but o2 here and atm, I'm fleeced by international chaarges for texts and calls ie. 25c/text and €1.90/min calls to the US. ffs

An email to meteor confirmed that they are 15c/txt and only 50c/min call so I'll be changing over in the next short while. Prolly get one of those 6220's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

yeah meteors rate for intl calls are pretty good, for a while they were cheaper than eircom for some places like australia etc! (that was last year now having said that!)

Like I say if going to bill just make sure you have ALL possible avenues covered about ID requirements and also on a bank statement make sure no minus figures- at all. I have an agreed overdraft and showed minus -2.00 or something after mortgage came out and they wouldnt let me go on bill due to minus figures.

Was not impressed and went off to vodafone in a huff and am regretting it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

use http://www.telestunt.ie/ for your calls to the us

• Advertisement
Advertisement