Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test question

Options
  • 11-11-2004 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭

My insurance is up in January, so I want to get my test done before then. What exactly is the story with appling for a cancellation? Do I just send off the form with a letter from my employer? Or is there more to it? All help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Depends on whether you can get a letter from your employer or not, if you can, then send it in. Have you applied yet? If so and they've acknowledged then quote the reference number they sent you back. If not, then it might be tough to get it before january. Just say in your letter that you'd be prepared to take a cancellation slot at short notice 3 - 4 days and include a daytime phone number for them to contact you. Dont forget that your insurance company should refund you the difference on a pro rata basis if you pass the test a few weeks after renewing your insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

I applied for cancellation after failing my 1st test and got the employers letter etc (make sure you have a good reason on it as to why you need the test) and didnt hear anything for 2 weeks, rang them and found out the test was in 5 days time but hadnt got the letter at that stage!

Definitly recommend ringing them to chase it up if you dont hear back initially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I went down to the driving test centre and told them I had done a job interview and got the job but I had to bring in my licence. I offered to wait around all day and take the test time slot of anybody who failed to turn up. It worked. Some always gets cold feet. I did my test at just after 2:00, passed first time, galloped over to the licence office and left before 4:00pm with a shiny full licence in my paw.

You just need a neck like a jockey's whatsit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

fair play to you hagar, that I am impressed with you. Dont think I'd have the nerve though. was this in dublin out of curiosity??

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

Fair f*cks to ya Hagar way to play the system ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Stark

My insurance is up in January, so I want to get my test done before then. What exactly is the story with appling for a cancellation? Do I just send off the form with a letter from my employer? Or is there more to it? All help appreciated!

I was thinking the same thing myself, but then I found out that if I passed my test just after renewing my insurance, then I could get a credit fully proportional to the discount I would have gotten for passing. I could also cancel the insurance if I wanted to and get refunded my premium for the rest of the year. I'm with AXA by the way. Check with your insurance company, you may not need to go to all this trouble.

Advertisement