Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tale of Woe

Options
  • 11-11-2004 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

I was playing in the .10c/.20c real money game and had around €50 in my stack when I'm dealt AKs in the BB, 9 players in the game and everyone calls, I wanted to thin the ranks a bit, and/or steal the €1.60 already committed so I raised to €2, everyone folds around to SB who calls.

Flop is KK7, SB bets €5, I raise to €10 SB calls.

Turn is A, SB bets €10, I raise all-in SB calls.

River is a 7

can any of you guess what the SB had children?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Pocket 7's?

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Thats pretty she-ite my man. If it makes you any better, I finished second in a Pacific Poker Sit-n-Go last night. Won 10 bucks. Woo-hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

AA or 77

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

SB would have raised preflop with AA so 77 is my guess... nasty hand!

DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Yep. Very unlucky.

Just to cheer you up (well it cheered me up anyway ;) ), I won ~260$ last night coming 3rd in a 10$ rebuy tourny on gamingClub!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'd love to say that they had T2o or something but no, pocket 7's. I'm scarred, truly scarred

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

At least he had a hand. Last night, 14 left in a mtt on VC. Paying out to 9th. I'm pretty low, about 6x BB. Waiting ages for a hand. Finally I get AQs. Guy in early position raises. Guy next to him calls. I've already decided I can't wait for the blinds to eat me up. I go all in. Folded around. Original raiser folds. Other guy thinks about it for a while then calls with J9 o. He's called 2 raises. Naturally he hits trip nines...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Iago wrote:
    I'd love to say that they had T2o or something but no, pocket 7's. I'm scarred, truly scarred

What was your plan for the turn, assuming its not an A or K?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

What was your plan for the turn, assuming its not an A or K?

after the flop and the betting activity I was getting worried that he may have had 77. definitely wouldn't have put him on a high pocket pair, as I would have expected a raise preflop. Might have had AK, KQ, or KJ, maybe (although unlikely) KT

There was a flush draw available but he had been playing reasonably tight up to that point. With him betting first and if the turn didn't produce an A or a K, it would depend on what the bet into me was tbh. There was 25 in the pot already, I had about 37 or so left. If he had gone all-in would I have folded?

If a QJT had come up, and he went all-in I might have folded, any other card I think I'd of called. After the hand I thought about it and figured my mistake was not betting much higher on the flop and taking the pot down, but having filled a house I don't think he'd of dropped his hand either.

Had he bet a small amount, I would probably have just called or min raised, I'm still only showing trips and however tight he was playing there was a flush draw and 2 potential fillers for a pocket pair on the board. Without the A or K I'm just calling a small to medium bet and having to think hard about calling an all-in if the turn is a Q, J or T.

What would you have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

What would you have done?

Well he certainly wouldnt of folded on the flop! Your in a bad spot on the Turn if you dont fill up, and I would have a very hard time getting away from the hand. If it was against a good/tight opponent I think I would fold to a large bet (Or a pot commiting one). I would call reasnable bets on the turn & river, but I definitely wouldnt reopen the betting. As the hand played out you actually got most of your money in when you were ahead, and thats all you can hope for.

Against a poor player, or in a very loose game I would go to the felt with trip kings and an ace kicker, as you will be up against KQ/KJ a significent amount of time.

Good Hand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement