Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a designer?

Options
  • 11-11-2004 2:55pm

Hi, I was wondering would anybody know a good artist/designer for tattoo's? I have a really good idea about what I want, and everytime I go trawling through their books, I can't see anything I want. I've wanted this image for the last 7 years. (I'm quite cautious about life long commitment!) But now I want someone to draw it, as I can't draw to save my life. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

You must know someone who can draw?
    Someone at school / college / work?

Perhaps describe what you want here and someone might be good enough to give it a bash.

Isn't it so bad that I don't! But I thought designing tattoos had to have bold, spacious lines etc.?
    Anyway:
    Its gonna be about 6 inces long, 3 inches wide. A crescent moon with a smiling face, Quite weather worn, smiling down at a fairy/angel sitting holding her knees up toward her nestled in the moon, looking back at him.
    I'd like it done mainly in blue/yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Almost any artist can design it, I suggest going around to the different shops looking at portfolios and finding an artist you like and then go with them.

I actually have tried that, but I usually get a big blank look when I ask them to design something new! I've read in Tattoo magazines, that in the states they're really accommodating for fussy ppl like me, but I've yet to find that in Dublin. Over here it seems to be "you walk in @ 12:15, pick something off the wall; you're seen @ 12:30; and you're tucking into lunch with a bandage on your arm by half one!" Would I be right in this assumption?
    It just seems to be not a big deal over here and this tattoo means an awful lot to me and I will have it for the rest of my life, so I want to be proud of it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

As ive said in other posts I dont like getting anything done over here its over priced and I dont feel the quality of work is as good.

• Advertisement

Anywhere you'd recommend? I wouldn't mind getting it done away, but what about aftercare eg. touch-ups etc.?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Papa Smut--Pm me and Ill give you my mates number.He owns his own place and does custom work.
    Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Wow papa smut you have had some bad luck, any that I know do custom work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Papa Smut wrote:
    Its gonna be about 6 inces long, 3 inches wide. A crescent moon with a smiling face, Quite weather worn, smiling down at a fairy/angel sitting holding her knees up toward her nestled in the moon, looking back at him.
    I'd like it done mainly in blue/yellow.

How about this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

rofl thats gas

• Advertisement

Nearly... Not quite! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I think you should drop the moon and the fairy and go for a nice chest-piece with an eagle, wings from shoulder to shoulder, with a snake in its talons, on top of a topless woman on a Harley.

G'wan, bite the bullet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 O'B

get the drawing and then put it on your wall for a long time. if you still like that image then go for it.
    i think it's a really bad idea to just walk in from the street and get a tatoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

I cant remeber his name right now but a tattoo artist in zulu drew out what i wanted no problems. I wouldnt pick one off a wall so he didnt mind drawing what i wanted..

O'B wrote:
    get the drawing and then put it on your wall for a long time. if you still like that image then go for it.
    i think it's a really bad idea to just walk in from the street and get a tatoo.
    O'B I have had the image in my head for the last 7 years. And I totally agree with you. It's so bad to just pick something off the wall, 'cos you're in the mood for a tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

karlh wrote:
    I think you should drop the moon and the fairy and go for a nice chest-piece with an eagle, wings from shoulder to shoulder, with a snake in its talons, on top of a topless woman on a Harley.

Heheh, I've found my next tatt! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

.........on top of a flaming 8-ball.......on a skull.

And the chick with a cigar in her mouth, and a martini in her other hand? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

draw a sketch of the thing(just basic outlines and positions of characters in the tattoo) then bring it down to NCAD or wherever DIT do their art courses and try get a student to help ya? if ya give me the sketch i could probably get someone from there to do it

Advertisement