Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24 returns to Sky One on January 30th, 2005

• 11-11-2004 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Seems 24 will be three weeks (but four episodes) behind the US when it kicks off on Sky One screens next January, which is better than I expected. RTE, if they have any sense, will start somewhere in between the US and UK dates.

The US season is to commence on January 9th with a two-hour opener, and on Sky One at 9pm on January 30th.

Details at: http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|91734|1|,00.html

Also details of a Vodafone promotion called "24: Conspiracy" which is a 3G mini-series to support the series.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent. In that case I probably won't be bothering my "cousins" for this. Will ya be watching with the rest of us doh.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

ixoy wrote:
    Excellent. In that case I probably won't be bothering my "cousins" for this. Will ya be watching with the rest of us doh.ie?

Well, I might... but then there's the annoyance of Sky's ad breaks in the wrong places, a poxy logo in the corner (Fox's is more translucent) and the fact that their trailers often spoil the plot anyway!

But if it's on RTE TWO within a week or two of the US, but before Sky, I probably won't bother the cousins either. (Mostly because I have the ol' DVD+Rs stacking up with shows on, and in several cases I've wound up buying a series which I already had all of just to get their extras anyway!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

it started a week earlier on rte last time(compared to sky), but they gave almost no ads for it. i didn't even know the first episode had been on, so i had to watch some of it on sky. shudder...

Advertisement