Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoD United Offensive

Options
  • 11-11-2004 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi guys,

just wanted to hear/share some thoughts on UO.

Only got playing it last night and ran arround with the various rifles and shot stuff. I remeber when in MOH the MP44 Assult rifle first surfaced and the delight.... but we've been through all the guns from the various games the most realistic being H&D2 (outstanding SP game - not so great MP due to lag)....

so, the extreem scripting and the ohh so booring bomber mission brought me straight into the cheats... lets at least finish the war ;)

However, just when I was about to disintegrate in disinterrest the open land russian campain started and it was incredibly involving.... unbelievably well done I thought.. althoug linear ... until the factory where its back to corridors and crates.

As for the graphics... we'll, a bit comici I thought.... the individual graphics where very good but the never really belended... like the explosion was clearly different to the back ground ... diffuclt to explain but it reminded my of the days where all games where developed with fast overallping of fixed sprites.

Verdict - luke warm

The Duke : ))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I thought it was OK. Like the multiplayer however, I prefered the original. The Russian missions on the first were excellent IMO (rushing on the bank of the river :))

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

got arround to playing on-line last night.... I know allot of people complained about the ping but it wasn't too bad.

I loved the zipping arround in the jeeps and stuff - now that does give it an edge.... and I must say it does it in a fun way. The game play is quite different to BF1942 or H&D2 (also full of vehicles).

I'd say if we had had a few decent tactics last night we would have hamered the opposition - but typical Allies we threw our tanks in peacemeal... no 'Schwerpunkt' Blitzkrieg tacktics this time.. ;)

I find that the team-work goes out the window with UO and the foot-soldier tactics are non-existant as the maps are more vehicle based. Plus it's a hell of a lot more noisy than CoD :p

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

haven't played much of the single player yet, been too busy playing online. your're right about the lack of teamwork. i find the smoke grenades and artillery strikes a pain on the smaller maps.

all in all it's great fun, and can only get better (i hope) with future patches

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

prob with CoD is there are soo many players.. in something like DoD and H&D2 you get to know the players and can build up a little team play as you know teh good runners/shooters/etc.

The problem then with CoD is if you do want to join a clan it get's a bloody serious with fixed playing times, etc.... and that's just blx then....

although when I use the ASE I tend to look for clans and then play allong with them as they ususaly have a few tactis under their belt..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Want team play ? , play heat of Battle on the scots guard server .

Yeah HoB is a good mod, not played it in ages though.

Advertisement