Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Census Checkpoint?

• 11-11-2004 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

There was a Census Checkpoint on the Dublin Road, just down frmo the groody roundabout in castletroy. The gardai were there with some people called "???????? Consultancy" and they were stopping random cars. There was another one this morning near the treaty stone.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Last week they were on the dock road, at the coonagh roundabout yesterday. Slowing me down on the way to work! Suppose it has to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Yeah I seen them down by the Crescent Shopping Centre holding up traffic I think they are picking roads where the traffic is slow enough to count them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Were on the tipperary road at 5.30 last tuesday.
    I mean in all fairness traffic is bad enough and then they have to do that.
    My friend was driving and told the guy where he could shove his census.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I spotted one in traffic ahead of me near St Johns Island and had to take a quick detour as I saw the Garda and me with no tax! :eek:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

They were on the Condell Road this morning between Shannon Bridge and the turn off to the NCR.

Took 50 minutes to get from Coonagh roundabout to town. Of all the places to set up. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

yeah and they have a large van with british number plates, why can they not pay road tax like the rest of us, that cop not doing his duty, should have them pulled for that

Advertisement