Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Club - The Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

EGM in America gave it a solid 3 out of 10 average.
    Not good...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

played it at playstation experience for a few mins. controls just like tekken. reasonably good graphics. nice blood effects spattering on the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

"The extreme realism of the game will make you feel every punch and kick "

http://www.vugames.com/screenshot.do?gamePlatformId=787&screenId=11273

:rolleyes:

good book, great film.
    bad idea to make a game out of it, especially a straightforward beatem'up like this appears to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

i can see it becomming one of those games that you rent for a few night and either clear it or get tired of it,but then again if you can fight as meatloaf with man titties this in itself should ad a few more hours of game play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

I had the priviledge of working with Vivendi universal,and this was one of the worst games we had the "priviledge" of working on! It was soo full of dodgey animations and bad play that xbox didnt want it! The only good thing i found was when you did a special move it would go "Romeo must die" ie it would go like a xray black and white and you could see bones being broken etc! That was worth putting up with all the bad character voices,and weak plot!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

has there ever been a good movie to game conversion? Matrix = ****. Lotr = average enough. i cant actually think of anymore.

Kiith wrote:
    has there ever been a good movie to game conversion? Matrix = ****. Lotr = average enough. i cant actually think of anymore.

ive never played the matrix and friends that have either love it or hate it
    the only "movie to game" ive played was the great escape which wasnt terrible but was by no means a great game either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Kiith wrote:
    has there ever been a good movie to game conversion?

Super Mario Brothers, hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hahha bob hoskins. what a guy! ;)

my boss played it and he loved it. and apparently the xbox live ill be brilliant with a big ladder of who's the greatest and what not.

i think super mario brothers may have been a game to movie conversion, not the other way around. but i still liked it when it came out.

unless that was sarcasm...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

there are a large amount of good star wars games granted many rubbsih ones too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Goldeneye anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yes yes goldeneye is a great example! but it has aged terribly!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

evad_lhorg wrote:
    yes yes goldeneye is a great example! but it has aged terribly!

You think ? I dont agree.

ya, ok. i'll give you goldeneye. but thats still only one.

speaking of which, i'd love to play some goldeneye now. 4 player license to kill on the stack map. pure class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Hudson Hawk.

nuff said! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Spiderman 2

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Chronicles of riddick Game was actually better than the movie.

Also spiderman did quite well as did some star wars games, goldeneye - all previously mentioned.
    Were there any decent star trek games??
    Buffy on the xbox was ok. (tv series though)

Grand Theft auto in a way has so many movie clichés and elements. Scarface for vice city anyone?
    I reckon there has been a few movie to game successes. Its the other way where it ****s up.
    Tombraider
    Street Fighter
    Resident Evil

I liked final fantasy the movie but it only took the title to generate interest as it had nothing to do with the game. Do you know that final fantasy the movie did so badly it nearly killed Suare Inix (Squaresoft at the time i think)

im sorry but streetfighter was terrible with tombraider comming in at a close second

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Maybe he's talking about the Street Fighter anime.

• Advertisement

Makaveli wrote:
    Maybe he's talking about the Street Fighter anime.

if he is then i apologise because i havent seen the anime version,i just presumed he meant the film

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

star wars xwing
    star wars Tie-Fighter
    etc. etc.

best movie to game transformations ever :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

kinkstr wrote:
    i know we 're not supposed to talk about fight club
    pld ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Were there any decent star trek games??
    QUOTE]

ST: Elite Force 1 was good
    as was Deep Space Nine: The Fallen (By the Collective, who are making multiformat Star Wars Ep3).
    If you like strategy, ST: Armada II was great too.

As for movies to games I thought Alien Vs Predator was good for the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

The early screenshots had all the guys wearing shoes, at least they seemed to have fixed that. Nice to know someone actually went and looked into the rules of Fight Club at some stage during the game's development.

Advertisement