Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citreon SAXO

Options
  • 11-11-2004 6:02pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone any experience with the SAXO???

Looking at one for my wife.

98 Citreon Saxo 1.1cc 3dr

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Reliable, well laid out and comfortable for even long journeys. Much better than the AX it replaced but not as good as an equivalent Clio. Very nippy, good gear ratios for town use and roomy even with child-seats in the back. The boot is generous for an econo-shopper and you should be able to get a wide variety of used ones since Citroen started facelifting its entire range. Don't forget it is effectively obsolete and will not hold much value after a few years so plan on keeping it for a while and don't pay over the odds even for a good one. Watch for service record and accident damage.

'c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

thanks lad, what you think of this price??

EURO 2900
    Milage : 79,000
    > Extras : Central locking, Power steering,
    > Warranty : 3 Months warranty and 12 months RAC breakdown Cover.
    > Colour : Maroon Metallic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

Looking at the Buy&Sell there, your price looks about right. Not many 98's, but a good few 97's goin for €2300-2500.
    Nice little car anyway and cheap(its all relative!) to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

yop wrote:
    thanks lad, what you think of this price??

EURO 2900
    Milage : 79,000
    > Extras : Central locking, Power steering,
    > Warranty : 3 Months warranty and 12 months RAC breakdown Cover.
    > Colour : Maroon Metallic

IF its got a service history and you can be sure it is undamaged, AND its a five door if you have kids, three if not, AND its bought from a dealer who will NCT it or do whatever is necessary to get it through its next NCT then it is on the money.

The mileage is a little higher than I'd like and without seeing it I can't say if it has other faults but I'd probably be going in with an offer of 2650 and a wishlist (CD player/mats/tyres?). At that mileage make sure it has had a timing belt and see if the clutch was ever changed - it might be due one shortly. Colour has less of a bearing on sale price in Ireland than in the UK but make sure you like it and if not, haggle like mad.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Colour has less of a bearing on sale price in Ireland than in the UK but make sure you like it and if not, haggle like mad.

Haggle like mad anyway. You'd be pleasantly surprised of the result :)

You have to play it right though. Make sure you let the dealer know you like the car, you have the money ready and you WILL buy the car, provided you reach a deal. He'll be delighted to get your money and get rid of the car from his forecourt...

The price seems about right, obviously from a dealer and with warranty. I'll bet ya he'll let it go for about €2500 with reasonably good tyres and 1 year NCT left or better. He wouldn't be keen to install cd systems or anything in it, just take it as is

• Advertisement
Advertisement