Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double buggy needed ! where to get right one?

Options
  • 11-11-2004 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

We are in need of a double buggy tandem type but so far all we can get are like pushing a bus or completely unsuitable for one of the children 1: 22 months and 1: 3 months. Any advice please for west of Ireland preferably?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/
    theres one in blanch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Checked the link but they don't seem to do a tandem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Two places worth checking

1. Roches Stores - Offer good value

2. Tony Kealy's (Not sure if I have spelt that correctly). This is a very good shop and their customer service is impressive. They hold displays every month advising parents on the pro's and con's with different prams and car seats. What to do and what not to do. I always knew this shop as the bicycle shop and from memory, I remember it being close to the Cherry Tree round-about.

Roches: never thought of them one in Galway..........

Tony Kealy's: Where is it ?

We've tried a whole bunch of places at this stage and only one near suitable buggy from Graco but its a bitch to push and we live at the top of a steep hill !!

Sorry about that - I go into autopilot and presume that the entire planet live in Dublin.

Tony Kealys is in Dublin and I think the area is Walkinstown. But it is too long a distance from Galway unless you are up for a weekend.

If there is a Marks & Spencers in Galway, they are also worth a try. We bought our own in Roches.

If baby has not arrived yet - Roches normally have a sale after Christmas.

Also worth trying is Argos - I know they have prams in the catalogue. But as we discovered, it really is worth shopping around. Prices vary greatly from store to store.

• Advertisement

My geography of Dublin is not the best. Walkinstown is fairly near to Ballymount and Red Cow? If so then I call to two places in that area every few weeks. Re: Roches mentioned them at home and got response "oh yeah, my sister told me about them the day after we were in Galway".

C Fodder - sorry for the delay coming back to you.

Tony Kealys is not too far from Ballymount. Their address is:

9 - 11 Walkinstown Green, Dublin 12. Tel: 4503966

I also found their website www.tonykealys.com which contains a map how to get there. I saw a double pram on the site.

Best of luck. Don't forget to check out Roches.

Advertisement