Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raven and ECW- v- WCW

• 11-11-2004 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I noticed a post on another thread about Raven and the WWE and how he was a wasted talent. Not wanting to pollute that thread I decided to start this one. Raven was washed up by the time he got to the WWE. He had a nice spell in ECW but the injuries that he picked up wrestling that garbage style basically sealed his fate in the WWE. Having to cover for Tommy Dreamers insane inadequacies by taking crazy bump’s meant that by the time he got to the WWE he was basically a cripple and only really useful for Hardcore matches, which to be fair he did with some degree of success especially the ***+ match against Rhyno.

It’s pretty much par for the course for most ECW fans to proclaim that the WWE has wasted all this great talent, when the fact of the matter is that by it’s own admission ECW was a very restrictive environment. Once Eddie/Dean/Benoit left in 96 the “we’re about wrestling” proclamation that was spouted by many of the ECdub heads, was really nothing but hyperbole.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Kencu

because TNA is a bush league fed. Jarrett has been champ for like forever and i'd hardly say the WWE missed the boat on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I liked Raven , in ECW, WCW ( Flock angle was good ) and had high hopes when he joined WWF.
    To be fair to him i'd say the reason he was under used and pretty much wasted was more down to backstage politics than him not cutting it.

However Smiaras, using the example that he's big in TNA is not a good case for the defence
    I mean seriously, it's terrible to watch. Production is like old Stampede tapes from the 70's, and some of the guys they have - I can't even remember their names ,would'nt even get into Al Snow's Job squad. Dripping with Superstars it is not.
    As Kencu said , the fact that Jarret is their fanchise says it all , i mean i hate HHH for dominating the airtime/belt/everything else in WWE, but i rather him anyday than Mr. With my baby tonight.
    As for this guy Styles that everyone likes so much , he'd be nothing more than a entertaining cruiserweight in WWE.
    And the big names they do have - Hall, Nash,Hardy - they say it all really, lazy wrestlers for what appears to be a very lazily put together federation.
    And if they're able to afford for the likes of Hogan, Sting or the Outsiders to appear, surely they can buy some decent lights and cameras.

Advertisement