Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth

Options
  • 11-11-2004 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

i think megadeth are the boyz.
    Dave mustaine doesn't get half as much credit as he should.
    when i first listened to them it took me a while to get used of.
    but now i'll recommend it to everyone. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i have to agree - never gave them anytime before but recently a friend gave me rust in piece and it is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Megadeth are my favourite band, the new album The System has Failed is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Fantastic band. I kinda lost interest in them after RIP, didn't really like any of the albums after it, just thought they were a bit ghey. But the new album has restored my faith in them again :) Oh and you're right, Mustaine doesn't get near enough credit for what he's done over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Ren0

Perhaps he desrves credit for previous work but the man destroyed almost every song on "The System has Failed" by trying to insert political beliefs that were 2 years old.

Almost a good album.

"Rust in Peace", "Killing Is My Business And Business Is Good" and "Peace Sells" are among the greatest albums ever not to forget Mustaine's contribution to earlier Metallica songs namely 'Call Of The Ktulu'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Kill Em All wouldnt be half the album it is if it wasnt for him.

And if you compare the two bands, both of them went downhill at roughly the same time, but today, Megadeth are clearly the most inspiring of the two

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Megadeth sort of redeemed themselves with The World Needs A Hero (OK it wasn't great but it was a big step in the right direction after Cryptic Writings and Risk) and Rude Awakening, which was rather good. Meanwhile Metallica put out S&M. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I actually thought S&M had a pretty cool thing going. It wasn't as pure but it was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

best metal band ever IMO, and since dave invented speed metal you'd expect that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i finaly got me a copy of MD45's cravings
    only because its been re-released

for anyone that doesnt know
    MD45 was mustaines side project back in the day

well its really cool check it out
    i got a copy for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

yup love megadeth , my fav band atm, rust in peace rocks!!!!!!cant wait to see them live

• Advertisement
Advertisement