Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok someone help me out here.

Options
  • 11-05-2001 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

From my extensive reading of HP Lovecraft history I'm pretty sure that this does not exist?

Someone watching too many evil dead movies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ROFL! That's class!

No, the HP lovecraft Necronomicon does not exist.

however,

there is a book.. or rather a collection of papyrus scrolls containing prayers from Egypt called The Book of the Dead (a transcript of which can be found online - I'll post the URL if I find it again) and no, it's not evil, it's actually a celebration of life and light etc.

there was also a book written by an Arab that was called De Necris (the translation, I don't know the original arabic - or is that sanskrit?? - name, believed to be the book Lovecraft got his inspiration from. Especially as it contains references to Ryleh and Dagon (but not Cthulhu), Dagon being an ancient Summarian deity/demon.

Through the years, Necronimicons have popped up all over the place. The roll of the dead in most churches is sometimes labelled as a necronomicon.

so nope, that one i not real, but I bet someone will buy it thinking they can raise Shub'Niggurath to wreak havoc on their school because Ms. Dalton gave them a B- intead of a B......

ps. I love the "guide to using the necronomicon" that comes bound in with it...classy stuff! Sort of like if demon worshipping were an Open University course on BBC2.... they'd still have that old guy in the brown cordruoy <sp??> jacket with teh patches on the elbows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

OH YE NON BELIEVER LOLTH! My great Cthulu strike thee down...with....one of the floppy green yokes on the front of his face!

Keep your powder dry and your pants moist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

With an introduction by 'Simon' eh? Sounds terrifying smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I am confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I want one...

• Advertisement
Advertisement