Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infuriating Ebay + Paypal

Options
  • 12-11-2004 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

I've just tried to use Ebay for the first time in the past week and it is the most infuriating and confusing web based transaction I have ever tried to complete.

First of all buy product - with Paypal and get a message saying "congradulatoins" you have bought product so-and-so. Then it says you will have to confirm this with the seller.

Also I when trying to buy on this site (ebay.co.uk) it keeps on asking me for my "expanded use number" what the f*&k is that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 clueless

I think you might be confusing eBay with Paypal. The 'expanded use number' thingie is the number you provide to Paypal to 'verify' your account after you have set it up. When you register your CC card with Paypal they will deposit a small amount of money on your credit card (about 3-5 working days after your initial registration). If you have online access to your CC statement then after this amount has been deposited you can look up the transaction and report back to paypal with the number which is identified on the transaction record. Only after this time is your Paypal account fully functioning. This is all explained very clearly during the Paypal registration process.

eBay really is very simple to use, and I don't understand your confusion. Please explain again which bit is infuriating.

From what I can make of your post I am presuming you have succesfully bid for an item, but because your Paypal account is new and not yet verified it won't let you pay for it.

I suggest you contact the seller through the various options offered and explain that you are still setting up your Paypal account and would they be happy to wait for a few days for payment. Offer an alternative, i.e cheque or draft, but most sellers will be willing to wait for your Paypal registration to be completed. By doing this you are keeping the seller informed at all times, and are less likely to get negative feedback.

Advertisement