Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water colling for a console

Options
  • 12-11-2004 4:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi. I have a modded console running VERY hot. Has anyone heard of a watercooling system being implemented, diy or purchased unit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You have to be kidding.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

what type of console???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Have a look here - Xbox + h2o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Didn't the original Jap Dreamcasts have water cooling as standard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

I saw a water-cooling mod for a Gamecube a while back. It's only a matter of time before someone with too much time on their hands sets up a watercooling system for their Game Boy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I saw a water-cooling mod for a Gamecube a while back. It's only a matter of time before someone with too much time on their hands sets up a watercooling system for their Game Boy...

yeah but it does get pretty hot after 5hrs of tetris :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Y.B.Sober

BloodBath wrote:
    You have to be kidding.

BloodBath

dead serious.

its the only thing my xbox is missing!

ps thanks for the link Mac Daddy. looks good, but will study later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

water cooling an xbox!

i aint even got round to chipping mine...let alone doing all that craaazzy stuff...

sounds cool tho :D

ViperVenoM wrote:
    water cooling an xbox!

i aint even got round to chipping mine...let alone doing all that craaazzy stuff...

sounds cool tho :D

just open you mind up. anything you can think of can be used as a mod. I remember a guy who built an xbox, ps2, gamecube and coffee machine into a server casing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Why bother? Its not as if its going to burst into flames. Rediculous

• Advertisement

Y.B.Sober wrote:
    just open you mind up. anything you can think of can be used as a mod. I remember a guy who built an xbox, ps2, gamecube and coffee machine into a server casing!

lol! nice idea

ill get round to proper modding one day..i just need more money...that old uni loan doesnt go too far :rolleyes:

most "bravest" thing ive done with my pcs is watercool 1 of em :D

im not gonna start playing with consoles too much yet..i havent finished GTA:SA yet!....dont wanna b0rk the ps2! :eek:

bush wrote:
    Why bother? Its not as if its going to burst into flames. Rediculous

flames im not worried about. that would actually be a nice light effect. prob is i've got a 120GB HDD stuck in a corner designed for 8/10GB. It takes longer than normal to pul info from a drive this size. when things start to get hot, the system really slows down.

Anyways, this is a modding thread. don't question why, just "how am i gonna do something even better than that?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I think its a great idea, i hope u get it done, dont know much about consoles, what did you do to yours, i have heard of xbox's with better cpu's and more ram in them with dvdrw drives and bigger hdds, cool

im sending mine off to n.ireland to get an Xecuter 3 chip a 160gb hdd put it and the green leds on the front changed to blue..oh and hes putting 25gb of roms and a ton of apps in for me! :D

no watercooling though..but the chips adventurous enough for me now! :)

sounds cool viper, but i enjoyed the thrill of doing it myself ...without any previous knowledge of reliable source of backup. I kept mine to 120GB cos of issues gong above at the time. ram and cpu replacement isn't a big thing. any mods in that line are normally a better gfx chip although a bigger cpu could help hdd read time?

like the guys on the website linked above said, they're doing it to prove it can be done. I just want a better machine, and to prove a novice can do it. email me if you want any info viper, can't promise you anything, but will do my best.

Advertisement