Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloudy...

Options
  • 17-05-2001 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

or anyone else for that matter...

Does anyone know anything about the 7th book in the series of the Amtrak Wars ??

Just reread the series, and I had forgotten how great they are, and I want MORE!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hey legg end,

Bit of a useless reply since I don't have any more info on the 7th, or even if there is still going to be one. I remember talking to JB about it a long time ago, 98 or so; afaicr there was no movement on it back then. I'd be real interested if we find out otherwise... smile.gif

I thought it was a brilliant series but, of course, I was a bit disappointed at the end of #6. :/

Here's some conflicting reviews of the series to have a look at:

http://www.sflare.com/books/reviews/review10.html

http://www.sflare.com/books/reviews/review61.
    html

Anyways ... enjoy your scotch and cigar smile.gif

Alo.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

I found the amtrak wars beautifully atmospheric and enduring during the first book (maybe 2) - but after that it became sorta like the Wheel of Time... uninspiring and dragged down with boring development of characters that just becomes confusing and tedious. I still read them to the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

"The Author has used the 3 different races to create real contradictions in the readers head - who are the good guys, who are the bad guys? and it is this that gives these novels another edge. It is a game that Tilley plays well. Almost automatically the reader sides with the Technological society of Amtrak, and even when the real nature of the Federation is seen, it is difficult to break with this. Tilley is good at showing how Dictators use both the threat of violence and the use of ideology to maintain control. Eg, there is systematic and brutal propaganda against the Mute race - from the "Shoot a Mute" arcade games to the lie that Mute skin gives of radiation, and the reduced radiation in the world above, is only because of the number of kills made by the Federation."

Reading that review - its bollix; its always quite clear where the author's heart is and where he wants you to be in your thinking - Mute. Just had to get that off my chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

yup, but i like the cloud warriors more smile.gif

Advertisement