Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody play on-line games?

Options
  • 12-11-2004 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

does anybody play online games here?
    let's talk about the online game you are interest in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

i used to pay a lot of Unreal tournament...i mean a LOT, i had just started to kick some ass before my pc 'broke' now thats it back up i generally just play card games against foreigners, nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

loads of Call of Duty UO....haven't played more than 5 min of the single player....brilliant multiplayer game.. :D ....can't wait for Brothers in Arms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Battlefield Vietnam(havent got 1942) is class on and you can join our clan at link below!!

Also newbie to CS:S now which is also a good laugh! apart from that not really played online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

My pc is too crap to run any games so i cant play online. And i cant get my xbox live set up............its driving me mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Desert Combat and City Of Heroes

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I used to play online games when my pc at the time was decent. CS and the like.
    Now though i cant afford new or upgrade so its xbox live for me. I played Wolfenstein and PGR2 the most. now though my friends....HALO 2 beckons (and i need a router to hook my xbox up to bb - just moved)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i've tried a few times (UT and Q3)but my skill isn't really up to it (if i'm ultra honest :) ) and it is not much fun getting annihilated within seconds and then abused for the honour by some immature yank.... :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Thats the touble. It can be quite difficult to get into it because of the skill levels involved. Best thing you can do is run out and buy a new game and hop online straight away. Slightly leveller (leveller?) playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

City of Heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Used to play UT and Quake 1/2 online a lot back in UL before they locked all the networks down. Moved onto CS and then Battlefield. Currently the only online games I play are NWN (a lot!) and the odd game of MoH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I've played a bit of CS and TFC in the past, recently I haven't played many apart from a year long obsession with wolfenstein and a month or so of lineage 2. Online games take up too much time for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Dogg Thang

I played Star Wars Galaxies for a while but almost died of boredom after the initial buzz of walking around in Star Wars wore off.

I've heard it's a bit better now but haven't tried it again.

Dogg.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Call of Duty
    Heat Of Battle (C.O.D mod)
    Call of Duty United Offensive

HOB is my fav, i find UO laggy and people tend not to bother with teamwork.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i play cs alot would be almost embarresed to tell you how much also play COH alot not as much but alot all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

fiacha wrote:
    Heat Of Battle (C.O.D mod)
    HOB is my fav, i find UO laggy and people tend not to bother with teamwork.

Version .4 is out , playing it atm on scots guard server .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Whats City of heros like?

Saw a couple a shots and it looks like it has a great comic value :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Chr1s wrote:
    does anybody play online games here?
    let's talk about the online game you are interest in.

Started playing CS:S a few months ago, im addicted now, I only play the one map though! de_dust

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Used to play Q2 every waking hour while I was in college. Dabbled in CS for a couple of years, still play it every now and then, but don't play much multiplayer games online any more. Guess I've just lost interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

play cs online not much else as you can't do much with 64k isdn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Mostly stuff like Capcom Vs SNK 2 and Street Fighter 3 over Xbox Live. Other than that I play a bit of Star Wars Battlefront. I just picked up Halo 2 too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Chr1s

lol. I just tried Final Fantasy XI, looks good, wonderful 3D environment. But the fighting system makes me sick.
    there are a lot of good on-line games such like lineage2, dragonraja etc in USA, but no server in europe, also hundreds of new games in Asia. don't know why not set up server here. I believe most people would try them.

I used to play CS, started about 4 years ago, but feel so boring now, need to find some new and good game to play.

there is a new online game called 'world of warcraft', anyone want to try that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭dabhal

I must be the only person plaing delta force :eek:

Dabhal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

pro evo 4, mohaa and bfv they keep me interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

cs, cs.source, SOF, joint ops, hl2 deathmatch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

used to play wee bit of cs :: dod was the in thing back then. oh and TacOps and BF1942/DC.

dont bother anymore with college and cba at home tbh.

now i stick to some LANing over the brookfield network. Just finished an 'epic' game of ChaosUT CTF with my housemate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Back when i Had broadband in the states i was hopelessly addicted to Mohaa. The hours i spent online everyday with that game :( (was fun tho). Dont play online games anymore though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane™

Still play Halo, and some Dawn of War, not that good at that!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i used to be an online fps nut with games like quake 2 then onto cs for a few years but ive gotten sick of those and moved onto Final Fantasy XI online which i really like. Ive played a bit of Halo2 online but found the server setup completely annoying were your booted out at the end of every map and have to go searchin again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane™

Gonzo wrote:
    Ive played a bit of Halo2 online but found the server setup completely annoying were your booted out at the end of every map and have to go searchin again.

WOW that's so annoying!

you would think they could get it right secound time round, esp. since it is so good on the first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

UT2003/4 was in an instagib clan for 2 years...guess i was pretty good tbh

prob lost it now..the clan wanted to go all "pro" and learn tactics like spawn killing (i know all the higher ranked clans do it anyway) but it wasnt my thing so the "pro" bunch formed a new clan and the anti pro bunch went clanless..and infact i havent touched UT2k4 since...2 months off ill be awful now :rolleyes:

Advertisement