Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody play on-line games?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

Does anyone know if there is an irish server for the multiplayer?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I play a bit of CS:SOurce thats about it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Warcraft 3 for about 5 or more hours a day when i can,counter strike source as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

World of Warcraft & HL2DM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Football Manager 2005. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Vietcong....have clocked up a scary amount of playtime on this un.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

HL2DM is too much fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Swifty wrote:
    HL2DM is too much fun

you like it?

i found the maps and weapons very limiting in that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

bazwin wrote:
    Does anyone know if there is an irish server for the multiplayer?

go to the Call of Duty Forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=501

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

BF:V and Raven Shield for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

been known to play a bit of cs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

As have I especially in it's new Source clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Most, if not all of these games are FPS's.Does anyone play anything other than these damn things anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Chr1s wrote:
    does anybody play online games here?

Are you joking :D .Im mad and I mean MAD into ET i play it about 6 hours daily!!
    :eek: :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

non fps is warcraft for most popular join the millions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

UT 2004. I play online a fair bit, There is a fairly active core of irish gamers. Check the unreal forum for details of servers played on. If you've any hassle connecting just post and someone will be sure to help out. Also play on the FnG (Fun n Games) servers. Emphasis is on enjoying yourself. Fair and nice play is the order of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

carbsy wrote:
    Most, if not all of these games are FPS's.Does anyone play anything other than these damn things anymore?

Nah, loads of people play MMORPGS, RPGs (NWN, etc), strategy games, anything really.
    Having said that, FPS's are the more popular games to play online. I'm a wee bit partial to them myself :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kaimera wrote:
    used to play wee bit of cs :: dod was the in thing back then. oh and TacOps and BF1942/DC.

dont bother anymore with college and cba at home tbh.

now i stick to some LANing over the brookfield network. Just finished an 'epic' game of ChaosUT CTF with my housemate.

Aye, epic it was, great fun!!!

I play a bit of hl2:dm and cs:s (which i suck at) and play loads of COD, usually on rifles only servers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

I play EVE a lot...

HL2DM is good but the ping is just appaling (2 Meg Line)...i would say killbox is the best level by far...trajectory analysis @ lvl 5 for the 600 ping crossbow kills :D

CS:S was good when it first came out but now all the 1.6 f*cktards have moved up and are pwnz0ring their way to another ruined game (except LAN)...

Dawn Of War is also very good online...

Other than that i tend to stay away from all the Gamespy Arcade type FPS games but i do enjoy an old bit of Q3 when nostalgia hits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

I used to play a good bit of UT but have been stuck into Enemy Territory for over a year now. Play it far too much tbh (it is most definately cutting into time that should be spent elsewhere) but every time I stop/uninstall I just end up putting it back on again within a week or two. Feckin game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I occasionally drift in and out of playing Quake and Quake3, some C & C Red Alert as well, never got into later versions. CS was a killer cos I got into it late and therefore sucked at it. I'm here in New Zealand travelling around and there is a net cafe in Wellington open 24 hours a day full of guys playing warcraft. Its pretty crazy.

Looking forward to getting back home to Xbox live and Halo2 although after so long away, everybody will be a whole lot better than I willl be.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

CS:S was good when it first came out but now all the 1.6 f*cktards have moved up and are pwnz0ring their way to another ruined game (except LAN)...

i don't agree Source is still piss handy to own in, much less recoil, you can just spray and it pays off in close combat and there is always loads of n00bs around gettin a whopping. Been playin cs for a few years though so maybe i am one of those 1.6pwnZor's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 viper2000

:)

Hi all this viper2000,

I have a latest scoope, some one is going to launch a new irish online gaming site with the option to form clans and play for cash and even get promotion to represent Ireland in the european and asian cup. this is great.
    The name of the site is www.surfandplay.ie and I have spoke with the owners they are in talk with the clanbase and GGL in the states to form a big Irish. the games that they want to put on their are Q3, UT 2004, battlefield 1942, CS and maybe half life 2 this is a maybe?
    This is great news for the Irish online gaming these guys know what they are doing.
    The launch is plan in couples of month they will post a date on their site.
    The good thing is that every body will start at the same level and there will be three class of ladder to clime. The prizes are great for more visit their site and all mysteries will soon be unveiled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

UT 2004. I play online a fair bit, There is a fairly active core of irish gamers. Check the unreal forum for details of servers played on. If you've any hassle connecting just post and someone will be sure to help out.

Or ask on IRC - QuakeNet - #unreal.ie. There's usually a few of us there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

played planetside for over a year then left a few months ago
    id say i put nearly 1000 hours into into it :P

havent touched a game for a few months now until a week ago, i downloaded the swat4 beta
    pretty good at it allready and in a clan now

dont think i'll put as much time into a game like i did with planetside mmo games
    are seriously addictive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Play a LOT of COH (City of Heroes)

Have logged 600+hrs on my main.

Also play CS:S
    I get most games now based on thier MP aspect

Advertisement