Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime 2 review at gamespot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I now officially want a time machine to fast forward to the 26th so I can buy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

surely they have a time machine out in the ucd science department,just ask that nasa guy from physics department ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

In my (admittedly modest) opinion, the rating system over at gamespot isn't worth the tiny pieces of hard drive it's writted on. Any system that only allows gameplay, the most important facet of any game on any platform, to account for 20% of the total score and gives equal values to graphics, sound, value and tilt. Although, they do use the tilt to push up the scores of better games with poor graphics or sound, it's all just a bit too mechanical for my liking.

Anyway, back on topic. Metroid Prime was a fantastic 3d conversion of one of my favourite game series of all time and it looks like they've improved on it once more. Death to the nasty smelly Space-Pirates and the Ing! Long live the Luminoth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

american advert for the game @ http://www.gamebiz.com.au/content/metroidpri2_spot_wm.zip (only 3+mb)

also website here: http://www.metroid.com/prime/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

91%?

They seemed to love it except the bolted on multiplayer but only gave it 91%?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Well in most cases rating schemes are bull****.....so i wouldn't mind that they only gave it 9.1, they seemd to like it from reading the review. Sure didn't they only give homeworld 7 or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

dont need to read any reviews or see any trailers of this.... i will be buying it on the 26th (24th or 25th if im lucky)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Any news on the length of the game? About the same as Metroid Prime or a shorter, typical length Metroid? I'll definetely be picking it up regardless, but it's a deciding factor in whether I buy this or Paper Mario 2 before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

http://www.metroid.com/main.htm

Official Echos webby.

[edit] major fappage on that site [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Ahem :D

• Advertisement

Ahem :D
    Yea, thats a link to the Prime site, not the Echoes one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Any news on the length of the game? About the same as Metroid Prime or a shorter, typical length Metroid? I'll definetely be picking it up regardless, but it's a deciding factor in whether I buy this or Paper Mario 2 before Christmas.

The reviewer at gamespot states the game time clocked in at around 20 hours for him. Apparantly this doesn't include looking for the secret stuff too. 20 hours is pretty impressive. I can't remember my first completion time of the first game, think it was 10-12 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I HATE people who complain when games get too low a mark from someone they don't know, or that it should get 3% more or something stupid

/me glowers at retr0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm just saying that it seems a bit low for something that the reviewer had nothing but glowing praise for. It's a comment on the gamespot review system or else the reviewer who didn't take into account any negative aspects except the multiplayer game which most people aren't interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'm just saying that it seems a bit low for something that the reviewer had nothing but glowing praise for. It's a comment on the gamespot review system or else the reviewer who didn't take into account any negative aspects except the multiplayer game which most people aren't interested in.

Look at all Gamespot highest review scores then look at who made them , then look at the frequency of the ads of the people who made the games they gave high scores to.(say that really fast)

Then do the maths :)

Gamespot suck Edge or Euorgamer tbh!

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

The reviews can be helpful over there if you don't take the scoring system too seriously and the features can be helpful and/or entertaining (You also get news much quicker than waiting for a magazine). IGN, however, have the collective reviewing skills of a sack of blind marketing directors on speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Keep track of the reviews here:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/gamecube/metroidprime2echoes/

Main complaint seems to be the multiplayer aspect, and its dragging the scores down. Current average score is 92%.

Multiplayer means feck all to me (i have no friends).

The only way they could make the multi player work is if they changed to time splitters type controls, which would make the single player game completely crap. Fair play to them for trying-and any way, i'm sure people will make up some fun morph ball related games rather than just run around and kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

The only way they could make the multi player work is if they changed to time splitters type controls, which would make the single player game completely crap. Fair play to them for trying-and any way, i'm sure people will make up some fun morph ball related games rather than just run around and kill.

http://cube.ign.com

9.5 review

• Advertisement

L5 wrote:
    huh? wha? I was just saying that metroid primes single player wouldn't work without it's controls......I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hes sayin ign gave it 9.5/10 you fool!!

cant believe the multiplayer is bringing the scores down. if it wasnt there it would get much higher scores id say! how can thjey complain about a bigger 1 player with somethin extra added in? ****!

yeah but i wanted to know how it related to my post...you fool

I didn't say i cared about the review score how the multi player changed the reviews....still confused.....

I don't think he meant to quote you.

Advertisement