Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling / Upgrading question

Options
  • 12-11-2004 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi,

At the moment I have a Ford Focus, its a 2000 1.4 zetec. I want to upgrade it to a 1.6. Amazingly the insurance people will charge me the exact same for a '03 1.6 as they are currently charging me for my 2000 1.4???

Anyway, Would it be worth selling the car now and hopefully getting a sale before Christmas and then buying a ‘03 1.6 next January? Am I right in saying that the value of a car automatically goes down a good bit once it’s 1st January. I'm thinking that if I wait till next January or Feb to sell my car, its gona be worth less simply because of the New Year? Also I can’t afford a ’03 now, but if the prices do come down I’ll probably be able to get a 03 in January

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

November or December are the quite months (no surprise that) so it is a buyers market at the moment, your car and the 03 will be worth less in the new year, I dont think you would get a good price for your car at the mo, or you wont get a better price than you might in jan 05. I always wait til Jan myself

Advertisement