Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bizarre behaviour by WIndows XP

• 12-11-2004 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this odd behaviour? I have a home network of a Netgear Wireless router, Windows 98 machine with Netgear USB fob, Centrino laptop (builtin wifi), and a Toshiba laptop with a Netgear PCcard. The windows 98 machine and the toshiba laptop use Netgear software to configure the network. The laptops use Windows XP. Fine so far!

Connecting the Centrino was tricky, I had to set the router to use 64bit open access security and manually copy the key (cant use the phrase as the centrino uses the Windows XP builtin wireless software). However, the icon in the tray said I'm not connected even though I had internet access and was browsing this website and all just fine. So then I went to wireless advanced settings and unclicked the setting for "Let Windows configure my wireless settings" (or similar) and now the tray icons back and showing a normal connection etc! Although technically I'm not connected to the network.. This is a little bizarre is it not?

I'd prefer to be using WPA instead of WEP but windows 98 doesnt support it, so I'm stuck with 64bit WEP. Besides, setting up the configuration for WPA is much easier.

This whole setup seems a little messy and I get the feeling it could fall over at any minute. Any tips? eg getting WPA support for the windows 98 machine?

Advertisement