Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting query

Options
  • 12-11-2004 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

hi,

I'm designing a site for a client of mine. The site is being developed in jsp and the hosts at the moment, ieinternt, have ceased hosting jsp code and stopped using tomcat, why? they don't even know I was told.

Anyway, I need to find out:

1) How much it would cost to transfer the domain name over to blacknight?
    2) Would i still be able to keep the e-mail addressses?
    3) How long would it take for all this?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Chunks wrote:
    hi,

I'm designing a site for a client of mine. The site is being developed in jsp and the hosts at the moment,

As flamegrill mentioned recently we have started offering JSP hosting with
    cpanel. Although there are no details on our site you will find the JSP packages on the order form.
    Chunks wrote:
    1) How much it would cost to transfer the domain name over to blacknight?
    IE domain = €55 ex-VAT
    com/net/org/info/biz = €10.80
    Chunks wrote:
    2) Would i still be able to keep the e-mail addressses?
    You could have the same aliases ie. user@domain.tld, but the login details would probably change. As I am unfamiliar with the inner workings of our competitor I cannot give a definitive reply :)
    Chunks wrote:
    3) How long would it take for all this?
    If you are paying by credit card or paypal your account will be activated almost instantly, otherwise it will not be activated until payment is received.

Don't forget to use the boards.ie coupon code when ordering :)

If you have any other queries please let us know

Advertisement