Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 & Vodafone GPRS/3G Data Cards - Advice needed

Options
  • 12-11-2004 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm treating myself to a new laptop (Happy Christmas to me! :)) and I've been looking at these cards as a possible extra for it.

My only main uses for such a card will be able to get online without any firewall issues and be able to do things like check my external mail, run MSN Messenger (god I miss MSN Messenger! :)) and Boards (of course!) - nothing TOO taxing really...I have broadband at home for all the other stuff.

But... I was in town last night and the cheapest I was quoted was €120 (ex vat of course) for a O2 GPRS (only) card... the new Vodafone 3G ones run at €349!!!! :(

Any recommendations folks (aside from "you must have more money than sense mate!") on what to go for and approximate prices. Anyone using these sorta cards already and how do you find them? Can they be sourced elsewhere cheaper than buying them through O2/Vodafone themselves and will they work...that sorta thing

Thanks in advance folks.............

Advertisement