Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Clock Radio Cassette

Options
  • 12-11-2004 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Anybody know where I would get such old technology? I have an old uncle who wants to be able to play his (old) cassette tapes at night-time. One can easily find CD clock radios but I don't think the music he is interested in would ever be released on CDs. Tried the usual suspects - PowerCity etc to no avail. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Does he want to have the alarm clock wake him up by playing the tape ?
    I have a small - sub 150 euro - Sony micro system in the bedroom that has a CD/Tape/Tuner/Clock that can be set to turn any of the sections at a set time. They're available from most brands - JVC - Philips - Sony etc. in Harvey Normans - Dixons and the likes.

This is similar to what I have.

This is another example from another maker.

There are plenty of these around, I know he's not interested in CD but the prices of these is low enough to make do, I've seen cheaper models from about 70 euro from not so well known makers.

Hope this helps

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

Thanks Zener. While I would love to pull the man into the 20th (not even the 21st) Century, he is looking for a bedside locker thingamyjig clock radio-cassette with emphasis on the clock and big display etc. A one box job!

Advertisement